Arizona and Dodge City - South Of Danang - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Well Cyberghost....welcome aboard brother. We humped in some of the same mud brother. I was with the 3/26 at about the same time you was there. There have been a couple of other Marines from the 2/26 on here, but haven't seen them in a while. Russ and Jack and myself all had fun at Meade River. Glad to see another Pathfinder on here. Lt. Col. Robertson would be mighty proud.

Thanks for the welcome Mongoose, I appreciate it. I divided my tour in two parts, the DMZ area and south of DaNang specifically the Hoi An and An Hoa areas. The biggest differences of the two area was the amount of booby traps, and the Arizona and Dodge City areas were infested with them and the casualties prooved that. The DMZ area, at least where we(F/2/26) were was mostly up in the jungle hills. Places like "Mutter's Ridge" and LZ Margo. I remember somewhere south of DaNang(I think) there was a "Lepor Colony" that we had to check out. It was basically deserted kinda like a ghost town and pretty creepy because of the disease. I mean all I knew about it was from the movie "Ben-Hur". Anyway, nothin' happened and we moved on. We'll see ya later.

I was with Lima 3/5 and remember making an amphibious assault in rubber rafts to Ariziona one night. As we landed it was taking forever to unload the raft and since I was in the stern I figured I'll step out there. I had the 65lbs prc25 and cipher on my back. Needless to say I my 117 lbs ass went straight to the bottom. Lucky for me somebody grabbed the antenna and me to shore. What a night.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Was a little over 900 Kia Marines in the quang Nam Provence the year I was there 69/70 don’t know how many Army were Kia.. was the boobytrap capital of Nam.. then the little asses shooting at you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome back, Montana. Long time no see.

We're coming up on our anniversary again the beginning of next month. Don't forget, as if you all could.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yep the fuse is lit

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Yep the fuse is lit
    Boom

Well I know I'm not part of the unit so prevalent here, but I was in "Operation Meade River" while with Foxtrot Co. 2nd Battalion 26th Marine Regiment. I have two memories. First, well I hardly ever heard any music, at least not while out and about, but I heard a song playin' from another Marine's radio a short distance away. It was a sunny day and we were dug in by a river as we were a blocking force to Echo Co.'s sweep and drive to us. The song was "Hey Jude"(The Beatles).

My second memory is that of some of my clothes drying on a small, barren tree just outside the edge of my fightin' hole. It was maybe mid-day and I was cooking some C-Rats, when all of a sudden my clothes seemed to move as bullets whizzed by and at least one of my C-Rat cans went flyin'. We were definetly gettin' "Lit-Up" and I jumped into my hole and returned fire to the otherside of the river. We really had to hunker down when some Hueys flew over for support, sh** was flyin' everywhere. I had to show the M-79 FNG how to just shoot without useing the sights, just like lobbing a baseball cross the river. It was the only time I ever fired a 79 on my tour, but I liked It, but not enough to carry one of 'em with a full bag of rounds. Nope.

SALUTE TO THE HEROES, the ones with their names etched on the "WALL".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home Brother i hear yah on humping the rnds for the Blooper I was a grenadier for a bit on Meade River also I/3/26 Godspeed too Yah Go Easy S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What year/years were you there. Was with B1/7 did a lot of OPs with Cco 69/70

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We took the crap the night they hit us Bco 1/7. Then we swept the Killing field.. then Cco swept the jungle and hit the crap.. rested one day then You guys DCo. Worked the jungle and we were flank.. got to hear all the shooting that’s when we heard Col Dowd was KIA, then that night we were hit again.. I was plumb Boot. Had three Confirmes by the time we crossed the river.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Injured India

I was there with India 3/26 in 68 The Arizona Dodge City ...Only two ways Off this Hill Marine,Flown oFF or Blown oFF!!!

Been to several of them also. Another one we patrolled on a regular basis was Charlie Ridge.

I stumbled on this old thread today, found myself re-reading the whole thing. Looking back, I wish I hadn't been so hard on the new guy. Of course I wish for a lot of things, especially for all my old brothers. For those of us still here, somehow, we've made it this far. Something to be said for that.

Thread Information