my son is at PI - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my son is at PI

Thank you! I am hanging!!!

You will be shocked by the transformation..never saw my dad cry until family day. I see your from Amherst, I was from Vermilion.

You and your son will be so Proud upon Graduation! Enjoy! Its well worth it all!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    His life will change forever BUT SO WILL YOURS

You raised a boy. He is now a man, He'll return a MARINE

HI Mom I took my Bootcamp at P.I. alsc and I know that times has changed but your son is getting the best training in the world. Congrats to You and or son. rember He will not be a boy He wil be a man a MARINE. So when He comes Home treat Him like a Man. God Bless And Best wishes to the Family. SSGT. Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by kfisbusy View Post
    HI Mom I took my Bootcamp at P.I. also and I know that times has changed but your son is getting the best training in the world. Congrats to You and or son. rember He will not be a boy He wil be a man a MARINE. So when He comes Home treat Him like a Man. God Bless And Best wishes to the Family. SSGT. Francisco

Congrarts Stayck1!!!!!!!!! my son grad from PI July 24th. He's still at mos waiting for class to start!
    Make sure you keep writing! every day! we mailed at least 5 letters every day, he begged for mail cause it was the highlight of his day! I found a lot of funny and inspirational quotes and stories from the Sgt Grit site - he really enjoyed those.
    Have you started stalking your mail man yet?? Mine got to the point where upon seeing me would start waving envelopes from down the street yelling "it's from PI!!"
    Boy, what a ride boot camp was! It felt like an eternity and then when it was over it seemed to fly. Guess that sounds kind of weird, but how do you explain boot camp to a mom? Congratulations again and if you think you are proud now, just wait til he marches out on the parade deck!!!!
    Patty

Patty,
    Thank you! Where is your sons schooling? what is his MOS? My son is just in with a Ground option? (could be one of 22 MOS's) Oh yes to the mailman ?, he knows me well and at this point is frightened of me LOL, I got my first real letter a few days ago. Kept me on cloud nine the entire evening. But now I am ready for another. I cannot wait for Dec. 4th!
    Stacey

Trosa, I am very near Vermilion, Henrietta township

I know exactly where that is. Good luck to you and your son. Believe it or not, the time will fly.

Stacy
    hi there, my son is at Ft Sill, Oklahoma - in the middle of nowhere! his MOS is 0861 - it's called a lot of different things, fire control, scout and forward observer. Class is set to start next week, which is good. He's been there since grad MCT sept 1, just waiting and cleaning and pting.
    He called last night, man it was soooo good to hear his voice!! We text frequently but there's nothing like hearing his voice. SOme times i have to remember this is not my little boy anymore - tough one!
    He did "earn" one phone call during boot by getting a high score on a pft. Maybe your son will , too. What a joy that was!!
    What was the tone of your son's letter? Just keep the encouragment going, and if you can, look on the Sgt Grit site. There are some stories about boot your son would like and also some very funny jokes. I googled "USMC jokes" and got a ton of funny ones. Some are "racy" I just left those out.
    Keep in touch and congrats again!!!!

Patty
    PMM of PFC Jimmy
    Boot - July 24, 2009 - PI (meritoriously) Fox Co 2D BN Plt 2046
    MCT - Geiger - Sept 1, 2009 Golf Co Plt 1
    MOS - Ft Sill - ?

My Grandson just graduated from PI September the 18th, 2009. The first time I saw him was on Family day which is Thursday before Graduation. He sure looked good. Had lost some weight. Then we got to spend time with him from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. We are VERY, VERY Proud of him.

VietVet

I found this board soon after my son began recruit training and my thread is still active. (Recruit dad here) Great input here for any question I ever had.

Have you found a training matrix to print out? I had one of my fridge and one at my work and marked off the days. It helped to have some idea of what he was doing.

The reality of what it is is another thing that only those who share the experience can know. But, the good folks on this board helped make me feel a part of my son's journey.

Congrats VietVet! I know how proud you are!!
    I had a matrix also. I put the T day on top of every letter i wrote, which was everyday.
    It was really comforting knowing what was going on every day, kind of almost like being there with him, except for the pt, and Dis and firewatch and sand fleas and 100 weather and rct chow and 10 mile marches and so on.......lol
    lol

Patty

Thank you all for your help and good wishes, printed the training matrix also! love it~

Thread Information