Tool to learn your Marine Corps knowledge - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

knowledge

I've looked up a couple of Marine Corps history books on Amazon.com and found a few that I'll reserve from the library. I'll let you know which is the best.

Read a book called "Making the Corps" by Thomas E. Ricks. It's a non-fiction work that follows Platoon 3086 from MCRDPI through boot camp. It taught me a lot of new vocabulary and history. Really good read, highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by coolfir3pwnz View Post
    Read a book called "Making the Corps" by Thomas E. Ricks. It's a non-fiction work that follows Platoon 3086 from MCRDPI through boot camp. It taught me a lot of new vocabulary and history. Really good read, highly recommended.
    Amazing read.

Here is another recommendation.

Devil Dog Diary. It is the almost day by day journal of a recruit, now a Marine. AWESOME book, very moto.

Great way to learn knowledge is make a CD. I made a CD and had pauses so I could say my answers and etc. I drive an hour to work and an hour back home so it was a great way to learn as opposed to listening to the same radio songs over and over.

Easiest way to remember 5 and 7 is:

5- you work from 9-5: To quit my post only when properly relieved

7- the silent seven: To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

I'm gonna bump this and add this site

http://www.marineknowledge.com/

Just another way to familiarize yourself with the 11 General Orders

Wow! Much appreciated to the OP and Gonzo, I was actually about to make flash cards to help me out until you posted that site. Im currently laid up with a broken ankle so this is the perfect time for me to get these down.

Thread Information