Some advice for future recruits. (Especially females!) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Congrats Marine, We graduated together, I was in plt. 3072 Mike Co. lol. The indoor grad sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by introspect View Post
    PM jinelson or thedrifter for the change..

Same for me though, I'm from Florida and I wanted my MOS school to be in Pensacola but no luck :[ I heard 29 Palms wasn't bad as long as you have a POV
    I was really hopeing to get Pensacola as well, cause i have family all over FL and all over GA.

As far as 29 Palms haveing a POV would be nice but guess I would have to get one when I get out there.

MMA whats your name man.

Quote Originally Posted by introspect View Post
    Just graduated this past friday 4th RTBN Papa Co. PLT 4028

I will answer any and all questions(that aren't way out there of course), especially to the females, I know when I shipped I didn't have any idea about everything since I was always surrounded by male Marines in my RSS.

Some tips that pop up into my head are as follows

-Don't be the idiot that brings a bag or brings a Marines T-shirt on. They will tell you, you don't rate. Wear a nice polo with a belt and some jeans without holes. You're going to become a Marine, might as well dress like one and not be eccentric.

-Don't take food out of the chowhall!! Obvious right? We had so many -_-

-When you know you have PT, start hydrating the day before, don't try to chug your canteens before the PT sessions all that's guna do is make you have to go pee and you won't be able to give it your all because you'll feel uncomfortable with your bladder full.

-They tell you to drink 12 canteens a day but I found that SO hard to do until I got to the crucible. It's so important once you get to the crucible be drinking 12-14 canteens and one gatorade cup per canteen of water. For the rest of boot camp, by all means try to get all of your canteens in especially if you have a hike or PT the next day, but I know I never got to 12 just 7-8 but really, stay hydrated.

-Hiking was the worst for me. I was the shortest girl in my platoon. I strongly recommend getting a big pack and sticking sandbags in it and maybe some boots or something and power walk with it. I thought hiking would be going through woods or mountains but no it's going 3-9 miles at a time down the street in a really fast pace. It gets your heart pumping like running does. So it does build up your run, but it was just harder for me because I'm used to taking shorter steps. (If you're short practice on large strides instead of short quick steps)

-Speed, Volume, Intensity. I know you've all heard this before but it goes such a long way, seriously. Don't doubt yourself either. Be freaking confident. If you're wrong be freaking confidently wrong! That's what your drill instructors want to see I promise you. Move quick and be loud and confident. Seriously. That's the secret to boot camp.

Hopefully I didn't give too much away. Any other questions on this or whatever just PM me or post here.

Semper Fi
    HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SISTAAAAAAAAAAA wats up girl...how u doing...i'm at camp johnson right now. MOS school for 3043....i grad Dec 18 and am heading of to Cherry Point.... I'm a scribe here...lol...boot camp was a joke... i think....i was always that one at bootcamp b/c senior didnt like me... but i'm very well liked out here and even hold a scribe billet...My Plt advisor is looking to see if i can get lcpl meritoriously out of Mos school. He's always like DaCosta your gonna get lcpl right...lol...boot camp was a joke b/c they had their favorites and that was it... Wish u luck sista and remember HASU (Hook A Sista Up)...i'm here for u girl!!!!

Thread Information