I Need Advice!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Advice!!

I Need Advice!!

Okay, so I'm going on a Marine of the Quarter board...any advice?...this is my second board, but the first one was a paper board...HELP..lol thank you.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Study......Everything Marine Corps...Essential Subject to include current events.KNOWLEDGE.

Military Bearing

Leadership Traits and Principles

Uniiform and Grooming...squared away to the max...check and re-check!

Relax......nervousness is a killer!

Good luck!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Study......Everything Marine Corps...Essential Subject to include current events.KNOWLEDGE.

Military Bearing

Leadership Traits and Principles

Uniiform and Grooming...squared away to the max...check and re-check!

Relax......nervousness is a killer!

Good luck!
    EXACTLEY

Good Luck Tink Tink
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    ... and don't jinx yourself. Hush and follow Bloop's advice above.

Know your general orders, chain of command, and Marine Corps history too, and do what Phantom B said.

Good Luck, my best answer is to be yourself, squared away, motivated, dedicated.

and Know the answer to this question.

What is the blast radius of the M40?

Quote Originally Posted by Drafter View Post
    Good Luck, my best answer is to be yourself, squared away, motivated, dedicated.

and Know the answer to this question.

What is the blast radius of the M40?

The M40 is a gas mask......

Obviously that was a trick question used to test your overall knowledge and military bearing....

My reply to that question would be: The M40 is a field protective mask (gas mask) and therefore has no blast radius. (obviously I would address whoever asked the question by their rank/title or however they want you to address the board members during the board)

For the most part you want to keep your answers short and sweet....the longer the answer the more room you give yourself to mess up. But if it's too short you may not answer the whole question (or you may give the board members the idea that your not familiar enough with the question asked)

Also, when you answer the question repeat the question in your answer. For example:

Correct:

Master Sergeant Jones: What is your first general order?
    You: Master Sergeant, my first general order is......

Wrong:

Master Sergeant Jones: What is your first general order?
    You: To take charge of this post......

Hope this helped.....The biggest thing is confidence

Remember:

YOU ARE A UNITED STATES MARINE AND THEREFORE ONE OF THE BADDEST MOTHER ****ERS IN THE WORLD....THERE IS NO NEED TO BE NERVOUS DURING ANY BOARD!!!

Don't forget that anything you take into a board can be inspected. I sat on a board where a guy brought in a cell phone....not good. Especially when there was a text message to the Marine's girlfriend complaining about how long we were taking to set the board up...

I went on 2 of these, and lost both times.

But it was good practice for my Meritorious Corporal board that I won.

Go in with a locked and cocked march, do the reporting in. When I did it they had a chair I had to sit in, so before you sit down snap your head back, then snap back, then sit straight up with your feet at a 45 degree angle and your hands on your knees.

They will ask general orders, uniform regs etc etc. They even threw out some off the wall questions to see if I lost my bearing. Just make sure you look sharp and get a haircut before it!

Good luck Marine!

It took me three attempts to win a meritorious Cpl board, then of course I blew the meritorious promotion by getting drunk and stupid with the duty NCO the weekend before I was due to get meritoriously pinned. But our BN Sgt. Major loved me, so instead, I got my bloodstripes on the first instead of the second (I had it that month anyway). Strange how it works.

Any way, first meritorious board I studied X, and they asked Y and Z. The second board I studied X,Y, and Z -- and they asked A,B, and C. But, years later in Greece when I went up for a Marine of the Quarter board I nailed it the first time, so most of the knowledge I gained doing those earlier boards must have stuck.

The best advice that I can give you is to study it all and hope you retain enough to beat the rest of them. Keep your bearing, look'em in the eyes and answer with conviction -- even if you're wrong. They ARE going to stump you, but don't let them see you sweat.

To this day, I know going up on those boards prepared me for job interviews as a civilian -- I have never NOT got a job that I have interviewed for.

Good job getting there, Marine - now seal the deal and win it.

just want to say thank you to everyone..my board goes tomorrow. I had another mock board today and my SSgt. told me i did way better than last time and that i suprised him..so i'm a bit more confident than before!..WISH ME LUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by lstampa View Post
    I went on 2 of these, and lost both times.

But it was good practice for my Meritorious Corporal board that I won.

Go in with a locked and cocked march, do the reporting in. When I did it they had a chair I had to sit in, so before you sit down snap your head back, then snap back, then sit straight up with your feet at a 45 degree angle and your hands on your knees.

They will ask general orders, uniform regs etc etc. They even threw out some off the wall questions to see if I lost my bearing. Just make sure you look sharp and get a haircut before it!

Good luck Marine!
    FYI I'm a girl!...

Good Luck Tink Tink! Be Proud of Yourself and The Corps!

Ooh-Rah!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    Don't forget that anything you take into a board can be inspected. I sat on a board where a guy brought in a cell phone....not good. Especially when there was a text message to the Marine's girlfriend complaining about how long we were taking to set the board up...

This post sounds just as preposterous to believe as putting a heat tab under a canteen.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    This post sounds just as preposterous to believe as putting a heat tab under a canteen.

Hot coco to go

Thread Information