Finally got a contract!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Finally got a contract!

Finally got a contract!! I got into Security forces, UW contract. I ship on 14 dec, 09.

Anyone else trying to get in Security Forces? When is your ship date? If anyone has any questions I've done a good bit of research, be glad to answer any questions you may have.

i also got a UW contract i leave oct 13th 2009 what all do you know about it?

me too. but i leave next year. my ship date is 20100621 but it is being moved up hopefully so i can leave after the first semester.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley View Post
    i also got a UW contract i leave oct 13th 2009 what all do you know about it?
    Well depending on where your stationed you could end up with alot of down time. The plus side to that is that you should have plenty of time to take any schools you might like. or take collage courses. There is alot more meritorious promotions in SF, so if your not a turd(not saying you are) and you put forth effort you should be taken care of pretty well. You have a little easier time getting into a fast company with a UV contract, but if your good enough, and thats what you want to do, its still possible. i know a bit more but its alot of detail so if youd like to know more, hit me up with some questions and ill do my best. and best of luck to you!

I got a UW but I dont ship until next year 201007xx I dont have an offical day yet but I got time

Congrats Eric and Groover! maybe we will serve together. All I can say about the time you have till you ship is, use it wisely! Spend some time with family and friends, cherish it, and for **** sake, don't get into any trouble! I've been waiting since May and I'm really ready to go, but am going to use the time I got left to spend with family, and do what I can for my girlfriend while I'm still here, she is pregnant and should be due around the time im on leave after boot. I hope I'm there for the birth! But anyway back on subject, study your ***es of and work hard toward getting your IST scores up while you can. If anyone needs help with their knowledge just ask and ill help yall out. Again, congrats guys and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by EricB146 View Post
    I got a UW but I dont ship until next year 201007xx I dont have an offical day yet but I got time
    You dont have a UW contract and you are NOT A POOLEE! ALL POOLEE'S HAVE FULL SHIP DATES, THEY TELL YOU THE DAY YOU ENLIST AT MEPS. They dont tell you a month and say, we'll get back to you on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    You dont have a UW contract and you are NOT A POOLEE! ALL POOLEE'S HAVE FULL SHIP DATES, THEY TELL YOU THE DAY YOU ENLIST AT MEPS. They dont tell you a month and say, we'll get back to you on the day.
    Actually FTW, your are correct in most of your statement in that yes you do get a ship date when you DEP in. But, and I'm not sure how it works with your recruiters, my(I'm sure alot others) recruiters would not let me ship with out having a signed contract for an MOS. Thus for quite a while, I had no final ship date, so I wouldnt have been able to tell you when I would ship out, but I would tell people who asked, a round about month that i could ship out. So he could be telling the truth, or he is posing, I don't know, but i tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. and considering he has a date that he swore in on his signature. He could be misinformed about what he has regarding a contract. So to clarify, EricB146, would you list your current ship date as it appears on your paper work from MEPS.

Quote Originally Posted by PresleyReady2go View Post
    Actually FTW, your are correct in most of your statement in that yes you do get a ship date when you DEP in. But, and I'm not sure how it works with your recruiters, my(I'm sure alot others) recruiters would not let me ship with out having a signed contract for an MOS. Thus for quite a while, I had no final ship date, so I wouldnt have been able to tell you when I would ship out, but I would tell people who asked, a round about month that i could ship out. So he could be telling the truth, or he is posing, I don't know, but i tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. and considering he has a date that he swore in on his signature. He could be misinformed about what he has regarding a contract. So to clarify, EricB146, would you list your current ship date as it appears on your paper work from MEPS.
    No, you are correct. It does happen occasionally. It has happened to me before. I was given a month that I was going to ship but not a date. It happens, idk why but it does.

And FTW, i didnt hear you say what contract you have, or your ship date. Please, enlighten us.

Thank you Randy.

We had an IST and an Operations Officer come in and do an interview. I went in sat down, we talked he said I didnt qualify for my last MOS which was Intel. So now he has to go back to his command and get me changed over. So I do NOT have a final ship date as of right now.

And FTW, please stop trying to act like you know EVERYTHING. You dont, youre not a Marine youre just a Poolee. Im getting PO'ed at you, Im sure others are as well, with you saying "OH YOURE A POSER" or something like that. Enough is enough. Ive DEP'ed in. I apologise for any argument this might cause but it had to be said, he does this everywhere.

Also FTW, I have read some of your posts and some are motivating but others are more or less like you acting like you know it all. You know more than me, Ill give you that. But if you do not know the reason for something, don't jump to conclusions because that can get you in some deep **** in the Corps.

But like I said, I had a controversy with my ASVAB scores and my last MOS.

Yes i have noticed, he does that alot! thanks for clarifying Eric.

Yup, anytime Presley. He just sent me a PM referring to himself as a Marine, indirectly of course, but nonetheless as a Marine. I will be reporting him for that.

Thread Information