Any Poolees In Georgia?
Create Post

Any Poolees In Georgia?

I have a Facebook for Georgia Poolees. Check it out and join.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=279835375174

I have never been on facebook. Wait, I think I signed up for it to read a message a friend sent me and that was it..lol pitiful i know. But ill join.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveOfCountry View Post
    I have a Facebook for Georgia Poolees. Check it out and join.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=279835375174
    I see you're going into reserves. I know there is an fed regulated act that protects your job as a civilian if you are deployed while a reservist, however, I am wondering if this same act or if there is another that will protect your civilian job upon new reserve enlistment basis. In other words, if I wanted to go reserves and keep my corporate civilian job, is there law that protects me from being fired???

On it. < Kevin Smith here. RSS Duluth

Randy, under federal law (passed by the Bush admin) your job is protected whether you are a reservist or full active duty.

If your job tries to give you any trouble, have your recruiter contact them. If they fire you, then they will face heavy lawsuits and will in most cases lose.

I didn't tell my job about it all until EVERYTHING was 100% official. The last thing you want is to tell them you're leaving and then fail the physical and not be able to go.

I'd give them at least 2 weeks notice as well.

Groover. Your run time is insane. Great job.

Thanks. I was beaten by one second by another poolee because I slacked off so I was kinda ****ed by that.lol

Thread Information