Nametapes w/ Info on them?
Create Post

Nametapes w/ Info on them?

So I heard from my friend that just graduated SOI that Marines are able to get name tapes made that include your MOS, Rank, and Blood Type. I've asked my recruiter, and he doesn't know for sure either. So if ANY MARINE has an answer for me,please let me know.

Thanks,
    Poolee Sanders

-RSS OAKLAND

Nametapes that you make yourself that you'll use in both boot camp and MCT, probably ITB as well. At SOI it was just a piece of tape that you stamped with your name and wrote your last four and blood type on in case they needed it in an emergency because Pvts are dumb and forget important **** like dogtags.

Point is, don't worry about it, you'll be told anything and everything you need to know. As a recruit, private, and student you don't get paid to think, you get paid to do, and only what you're told. Period.

Thanks Lcpl.

I hear they're making name-tapes with entire novels on them now, really.

What does this have to do with joining the Corps?

and you have to tattoo your SRB on your back

Sgt. it has nothing to do with me enlisting at all. I'm going to join no matter what. But I was just trying to confirm the info I received from my friend... Trying to make sure if he was seeing things or now. Basically, haha. And Cpl. believe it or not, but one of my other friends who is also a Marine is actually thinking about it, but every since I heard the idea I'm been trying to discourage him from getting it haha.

i have seen the tapes with blood type, but it wasn't on Marine Corps cammies

We had them while deployed but not to wear on the cammies. We had to stitch them to the back of our kevlar covers and it only included last name and blood type because that's the only sh!t that matters if you get hit. Not like some Iraqi cares if your MOS is 0331 vice 0311.

You can get a nametape made that say's you are gay if you want. Just can't wear it on any uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    You can get a nametape made that say's you are gay if you want. Just can't wear it on any uniforms.
    Petz wears his all the time with gay all over it.
    BTW I guess he dropped us off like a red headed stepchild where TF is he lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Petz wears his all the time with gay all over it.
    BTW I guess he dropped us off like a red headed stepchild where TF is he lately.

He's back to playing Marine again.

Alright, that might be where my friend got it from. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    We had them while deployed but not to wear on the cammies. We had to stitch them to the back of our kevlar covers and it only included last name and blood type because that's the only sh!t that matters if you get hit. Not like some Iraqi cares if your MOS is 0331 vice 0311.

Will usually get them issued when deployed with the basics (Name, blood type, unit), but usually any alterations shop can make them. Custom names, graphics, ranks, whatever you want on them. They are made for flaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMarine View Post
    Will usually get them issued when deployed with the basics (Name, blood type, unit), but usually any alterations shop can make them. Custom names, graphics, ranks, whatever you want on them. They are made for flaks.

I actually think this is EXACTLY what my friend was talking about, thanks for posting this.

Thread Information