Upcoming Release USMC Movie "Brothers" - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I don't know....it's not like these incidents aren't happening with vets. What I DON'T like is Hollywood trying to pigeon hole the veteran as this slightly distubed right winger that should be pitied...and closely watched. Why do they do this?

G.I.G.O. , thats what this movie is! "Upcoming Release USMC Movie "Brothers"is LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    Remember...Black Hawk Down is about the Army, not the Marine Corps, so the Marine Corps isn't the bad guy here.

I wasnt talking about Black Hawk Down, the Marine pilot in "Brothers" is flying a Blackhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by DevildogBK View Post
    I wasnt talking about Black Hawk Down, the Marine pilot in "Brothers" is flying a Blackhawk.
    My bad then. I thought you were referring to the movie.

I guess no one saw the movie called ( The Outsider ) from 1961 staring Tony Curtis can anyone guess what that movie was about? It was about a hero and just about every Marine has seen him at least a hundred times. No FARE GOGGLING IT PLAY FAIR NOW .

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    I guess no one saw the movie called ( The Outsider ) from 1961 staring Tony Curtis can anyone guess what that movie was about? It was about a hero and just about every Marine has seen him at least a hundred times. No FARE GOGGLING IT PLAY FAIR NOW .
    Aw Come on Bill. You can't be serious. Tony Curtis as an Indian, let alone a Marine. John Wayne was the last real actor to try to portray Marines in a good light, and that was considered war propoganda. There has yet to be an actual movie about Marines like "Band of Brothers" was for the Army. Marines are usually portrayed as psycho trained killers with no conscience (sp). Although the "Kill em all and let Allah sort em out" mentallity I and a lot of Marines have doesn't help any. But that stems from being a Nam era vet, living through 9/11, seeing the result of car bombs on innocents, and watching them decapitate innocent, and helpless people on world wide news feeds. But it doesn't detract from the sacrifices all Marines have made during war, and continue to make as I type this. This country, and especially our Corps needs a movie that shows how much Marines have sacrificed in a graphic manner like Band of Brothers did. SF

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Aw Come on Bill. You can't be serious. Tony Curtis as an Indian, let alone a Marine. John Wayne was the last real actor to try to portray Marines in a good light, and that was considered war propoganda. There has yet to be an actual movie about Marines like "Band of Brothers" was for the Army. Marines are usually portrayed as psycho trained killers with no conscience (sp). Although the "Kill em all and let Allah sort em out" mentallity I and a lot of Marines have doesn't help any. But that stems from being a Nam era vet, living through 9/11, seeing the result of car bombs on innocents, and watching them decapitate innocent, and helpless people on world wide news feeds. But it doesn't detract from the sacrifices all Marines have made during war, and continue to make as I type this. This country, and especially our Corps needs a movie that shows how much Marines have sacrificed in a graphic manner like Band of Brothers did. SF
    I see your able to remember the movie Ha Ha Ha,, there never going to show us as good men and women out here ...

It looks like a heavy movie.

Why can't they just make more movies about combat vets that are more accurate to the real world. We serve. We fight. We come home. We get out. We deal with life and successfully move forward, adjust, overcome and adapt. Sure the first year I got out going from a Marine Corps Infantry Machinegunner who still had sand and petroleum soot in hidden orifices of my body going to a full time college student and workin meaningless jobs was a hard adjustment. But I like a huge number of Vets. Moved on and dealt with it.

I'd like to see a movie made about Marines that didn't end or show a negative outcome. Even if it ended tragic.

You're not the only old fart Jarhead on this site Numbnuts.

Thread Information