Marines meritoriously promoted
Create Post

Exclamation Marines meritoriously promoted

Marines meritoriously promoted

Cpl. Laura A. Mapes

Four station Marines pinned on meritorious rank here Sept. 2, 2009, after winning promotion boards for Marine Corps Installations West and the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing.

Each board was the first board for the four Marines and because of their dedication to duty and outstanding conduct, they were rewarded.

Lance Cpl. Michael Angelo, a Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron administration clerk, thanked his noncommissioned officer leadership for guiding him and setting an example for him to emulate.

"They taught me everything I know. If it weren't for them I would know nothing," said Angelo. "They are the main reason I won the meritorious board and got promoted."

Cpl. Yao Lee, station headquarters administration clerk, and Cpl. Bryce Sparks, station combat photographer, were promoted as well.

This was an exceptionally significant day for Lee, as his expecting wife and other members of his family were in attendance.

"I felt powerful having my family in the crowd," said Lee. "The feeling of pride I had was better than graduating boot camp, which was a huge thing for me."

Cpl. Brian Garcia, Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 13 cryogenics technician won the meritorious board for the 3rd MAW.

"I won because I was confident and had the proper training and self-motivation that my staff NCOs instilled in me," said Garcia.

Garcia was not the only one who was confident in his leadership abilities.

"I'm very proud of my son for getting this. I know what a responsibility this kind of thing is," said Garcia's father, who attended his son's promotion ceremony.

Ellie

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HiRes3.jpg‎
Views:	924
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	8124  

Thread Information