September 11
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11

Post September 11

I just want to say good morning to everyone....

It was 8 years ago today that thousands of lives were taken durind the tragedy of the WTC... It was 8 years ago today that our troops began to go back to the Middle East for THIS reason....

It all began at 8:46am 9/11/2001......

God Bless the people that died and their families.... also, god please bless all the lives of our fallen that have willingly and unwillingly given their lives for America.

Where were you all when this happen?

I was under a dually installing a 5th wheel trailer hitch.....
    Thank God for everyday that we are ABLE to go to work..... if only for this reason...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Morning??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!
    You have no Clue Young one, No Clue....................

We will NEVER forget!!

Enough Said.

i was in 6th grade. on my way to the bathroom with a direct view to the towers. i saw smoke where the towers were. everybody was getting picked up from school. i was the last to get picked up. my mother worked in 67th street downtown and had to walk home to the bronx sad day. didnt see my mother until the night

Heard about it when I was in 1st period 7th grade year. Wasn't sure of the magnitude - didn't understand too well at first and then actually saw footage when I left school for baseball training.

America never forgets.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I believe I was in 7th or 8th grade. I was walking back towards my parents room to say goodbye before I went off to school and saw the footage on the TV. Two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. I didn't understand that it was a terrorist attack then or even what the World Trade Center towers were, however I could tell something serious had happened. I was walking to school with my neighbor and we saw planes still in the air and we thought maybe they were going to crash into the Golden Gate Bridge or something. Classes that day were essentially cancelled, the news was on TV or radio and that's about it...I'll always remember that day so vividly.

I lost a friend in OIF, Sergeant Sigua.

R.I.P.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was in fourth grade i had no clue what was going on till i got home but i rember we did nothing in class that day and the teacher sat very close to a radio listening very quietly and all she kept asking was if we could hear and she wanted to the answer to be no though she always turned it down even if we did say no

I was in 4th grade. we watched the news that entire day. First time I knew I had a duty.

I was in the 4th grade. All the teachers were acting strange all day. Then my dad picked up me and my sister and told me two buildings fell down. I didn't understand. I thought it was like in Vegas when they demo the old buildings. Then we got home and I saw the news. It took me a while to fully understand and it took me even longer to realize my duty because I was a nasty, selfish little kid. But now I understand, and I'm ready to go now and do whats needed.

I feel kinda old. I was in high school. 9th grade gym class, playing soccer. If I was 18 at that point, I would have been in a recruiting office that afternoon.

I was in 6th grade, we watched the news all day and at the time I had no clue what the World Trade Centers were. Then we saw footage on the other plane crashes, its that one major thing that everyone will remember, sad day. This is one reason big reason that I chose to join the Marine Corps.

I was in 4th grade. School had just started and the teachers started freaking out and turned on the news in the classroom. My class, myself included, had no clue what the world trade centers were. Our teacher had to teach us what they were as she was crying. I remember it VERY well.

I graduated high school May of 2001 and was spending a few months enjoying the freedom to sleep in. A friend of mine had a morning class at a local college and he called me after the 2nd tower was hit and told me our country was under attack. My mom worked 3rd shift and had only been asleep for an hour or two before the first plane hit. I woke her up and told her what happened and she immediately starting crying over all the lives lost.

Was in 8th Grade turn the tv on in the morning and the first plane hit, than i was at school and the whole school was watching this trajedy on tv and everybody saw the 2nd one hit around that time the whole city was silent.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was in the 5th grade. We were on our way to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the city but we were stopped on the middle of the Henry Hudson Bridge. Everyone was really bored about the traffic until a teacher got a phone call and started flipping out. We didn't know what was going on and she refused to tell us. Eventually we got back to heading north and back to the school. The 5th graders were gathered in the cafeteria and told what happened. All of the younger children were not told.

Thread Information