This Marine needs some help
Create Post
    Marine Free Member Marine02231986's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

This Marine needs some help

My name is Cpl Lander. Ive been in the Marines for four years and I'm just about two weeks from being done with my second tour in Iraq. Ive come to a crossroads. I can't decide if i want to stay in or not. I know that the decision lies only with me but Im hoping to get some input from others.

I was a 7212 (LAAD GUNNER) for my first two years, the mos was closing out and LAT moves were being offered to first termers so I took it. I chose supply because it was a last minute decision, the Career planner told me if i didnt do it now i would be able to do it, plus my GT was low and I couldn't retake my ASVAB cause I did patrols everyday and they kept rescheduling the test, I should of thought about it more, but me being a dumb LCPL just went for it. Now Ive been in supply the last two years and come to think of it I should of just stayed in LAAD. I retook my ASVAB this April past and got a 112 GT. I wanna go into Comm 0600 field or the Intel 0200 field and go to Pendelton cause I hate Lejeune. Maybe go to Afghan.

I know that Intel has great oppertunities in and outside the Corps. Is there alot of oppertunities to go alot places in either MOS? Whats Intel and Comm school like? Most important what does the fleet hold for a Cpl in either Intel or Comm?

I appreciate your time if anyone can help me. Thank You.

Cpl Mitchell Lander
    USMC 3051
    Semper Fidelis

I have been a radio operator, a radio chief and a comm chief. The 0600 field is very large and affords many opportunities. You can serve in most any unit in the Corps (ground-wing-air-base) and you will have plenty of room for advancement. I can't speak to the 02 field, but I can say that 06 was very good to me.

As an 0612 and being in the wing i haven't really done my job. i know if i where in a ground unit i would def. be doing my job or more of it. I was in Iraq last year and and i somewhat did my job. Now i am in Afghanistan and i have yet to do my job. If you have an 06 MOS you can go pretty much where ever but your better off in a ground unit. outside the Corps i know their is some opportunities, for me as a wireman knowing the REDCOM gives me opportunities outside the Corps. I'm not quite sure about the other 06 MOS's but I'm sure there is. for school it all depends on what you want to do like for me my school was about a month or less verry easy i dont know if they teach the REDCOM though i learned that out in Iraq. oh and as for school it's in 29 Palms.

Hope that helped.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cpl Lander,stay in the Corps.they need good Marines to show the new Marines what to do.Semper Fi.

Thread Information