8th Marines--were they in Vietnam? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hopefully 1/8 gets Afghanistan added to it's list sometime in the near future. Four deployments to OIF is enough IMHO. Been to every hot spot in the Sunni Triangle ****ing **** up. It's what we do best. Just praying for my brothers in 2/8, lost three of my buddies from SOI in the Stan.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

They were not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood View Post
    Fellow Marines!
    I met a man who said he was in the Corps. He claims to have served in 'Nam with the 8th Marines. Were they in Vietnam? Maybe, I am just getting too suspicous in my old age.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Thanks Riven37. I had a guy tell me, he was Recon during Vietnam on a two year enlistment. Is that possible?
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Good morning Marines and friends of Marines. I have not visited this site in some time, I looked and last time was about 2 weeks before my little jaunt to Iraq (Dec 14 2008). The projected 12 month tour was cut short by about 3 1/2 months by the powers that be. Ooh Rah for us!!

On to the pointy end of things:

I am working on a project for my CO. I am revamping the historical dsiplay (pictures and articles) for the 8th Marine Regiment HQ building. Any pictures you all can send to me (with a brief caption) would be a huge help. Alot of what I am finding on the internet is "ok" but not great. I do not need/want pictures of a violent nature as civilians and other guests will be walking through the buildings (i.e. corpses and such). Wounded personnel being taken care of by corpsmen and such is fine.

Please send it to me e-mail address listed in my profile.

Semper Fi!!

No 8th Marines in Vietnam!

I Cant Believe That Sgt. If Nothing Else Dont Forget Our Brothers In 1/8. As For The Pictures Those Are The Facts. I Take It That Your Not In The Infantry. Anyway Goodluck Sgt And Godbless You For Trying

8th Marines

There were no members of the 8th Marines in Nam. Only 1st Marine Division and parts of what used to be the 3rd Marine Division. That was back in the day when BLTs would rotate from the 1st MarDiv to the 3rd MarDiv and vice versa. STAY FROSTY THERE ARE A LOF OF BS ARTISTS IN THE AREA. One of them is in my TAOR claiming among othe things to hold the Navy Cross. He also wears Recon Gold jump wings. They showed this guy on TV locally. If I find him I will end his war story. Semper Fi Do or Die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood View Post
    Fellow Marines!
    I met a man who said he was in the Corps. He claims to have served in 'Nam with the 8th Marines. Were they in Vietnam? Maybe, I am just getting too suspicous in my old age.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Thread Information