After Lights Out...
Closed Thread

After Lights Out...

Hello Marines, I was just wondering what the policy is after lights out in boot camp. Are you allowed to get up and make head calls or organize your foot locker?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Where are these azz whipe questions comin from?? Lights out,,,,, You Sleep, {With cramps}. Organize your footlocker???????? Beet the Meet, If you can. I doubt it.

It ain't no Boy scout camping trip, youngun,,,,,,,,,,,

Usually after lights out, it may be about an hour after you hit the rack and an hour before you get up that you can get up and make a head call.
    As for organizing your footlocker during the night, don't worry about it because I'm sure your Drill Instructors will flip it over a few times just because, and if they see that you are up during the night, then everyone's up. You don't want to pi$$ any other Recruits off by being up during the middle of the night. They'd have lots of fun with you if you did that. Do I hear blanket party with this question.
    So, don't worry about it and go to sleep, you're going to need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotella View Post
    Hello Marines, I was just wondering what the policy is after lights out in boot camp. Are you allowed to get up and make head calls or organize your foot locker?
    After lights out all activity stops,except for the fire watch...You may visit the head to take care of business...

Thanks Marines. That's what I thought when I heard some advice about taking your $hits at night and the foot locker thing. I didn't think you could get up at all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Come the day when you have hugged a Marine all nite just to stay warm, Give me a call. Then I'll give a shet.

We could not get up to use the head for the first hour and during the last hour after lights out.

For us, we couldn't get up to use the head for the first 15 mins after lights out. Technically your not supposed to be out of the rack doing anything unless on fire watch..but there's often so much to be done that people go up all the time. In fact my Drill Instructors alot of the times basically said that we should get up to get stuff done. They would give us the heads up if Officers or Senior Enlisted were going to be walking around that night and said that we better get our asses in the rack if any of them came on deck lol.

Thread Information