EGA on boots
Create Post

Thread: EGA on boots

EGA on boots

i had a question about the service boots that i havent really been able to find much info on. i was recently told by a sgt that the Anchor on the EGA has to be facing the toe of the boot otherwise the boots are unserviceable. i have been looking more at the EGAs on boots and noticed about 10% of the Marines i know have underviceable boots. (including a pair of mine) is this a big deal or just a little known fact that no one will say anything about?

10 %ers
    Interesting, on what make of boots is the bottom of the anchor pointing aft?

my danner's and bate's both face the toe. i've never heard of anyone failing a cami inspection cause of it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's bad ju-ju to have the anchors facing aft. It means your dragging your anchor and slows you down when running.

um, can you ask the Sgt for the order that he's reading from? the one I got simple states that is needs to be on the boot. For all intents and purposes it could be ON the toe from the way the verbiage reads.

i had never herd of it before eaither but this sgt is really into knowing every Marine Corps fact and order. and when i walked in one day he noticed it and said something about it. theyre not my inspection boots so im not worried about it. mine are bates. i dont know what my friends are. appairently its just a really common misprint that happens on some boots. sgt said noone would say anything cause most people dont know.

aye SSGT. when i see him again ill ask

PFC are you a pirate? why did you say "Aye"? are you gonna start saying "Argh, Matey" soon?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    PFC are you a pirate? why did you say "Aye"? are you gonna start saying "Argh, Matey" soon?
    Oh man, shiver me timbers bucko! .

LOL.....I know this must be important in today's Marine Corps.....but how important is it in the 1980's Marine Corps.......? This is my point...........

I should have added a smiley. I think it's funny, I say aye just once all the time.

can't pass up a pirate joke

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    LOL.....I know this must be important in today's Marine Corps.....but how important is it in the 1980's Marine Corps.......? This is my point...........
    Why are you trying to say?

I believe it was Bates that had an issue with the EGA being prited in reverse, if you bought them at the Exchange then you should be able to take them back and they will give you a new pair and return the ones you have.

yeah, but there's nothing that states the "correct" direction from my readings of the order. Unless there was a MarAdmin or such.

Thread Information