Motor T
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor T

Motor T

Well, since half the Marine Corps is Motor T operators, I decided to start a Q/A thread about the whole MOS training part. I cannot tell you about the fleet (haven't hit it yet), and they are probably too different per units anyway. I have been through every Motor T school (MVOC, LVS, VRC, and looking alongside at SROC) here at Ft. Leonard Wood, so just ask away. For licenses for the MRAP, and the new LVSR (training hits the fleet Oct 1st), I cannot tell you. But I am sure that another Marine on this forum will.

I leave for MCT on august 11th then i'm headed out to Ft. Lostinthewoods to begin the Motor Vehicle Operator course. I want to be a 3533 though. What else can you tell me about the courses there. What kind of training are you doing and what is the best way to stand out and be at the top of your class. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh and can i get a moderator to change me from a poolee to a marine please? thanks

There's 4 courses here, as I listed above. To be a 3533 (not existent anymore), they pick around 20 Marines out of 60, usually if you volunteer they'll pick you, then they fill up the rest of the slots. The LVS course is 4 weeks long, the regular one is 6 weeks. They are starting to train Marines on the LVSR, so you probably will get that course instead of LVS. MVOC is really easy, you gotta be a retard to fail, it's just annoying since it is 6 weeks long of boringness. The 1st 2 weeks is HMMWV's, while the other 4 you drive 7tons. About week 3-4 they will ask who will want to go LVS, and they put you on the list. LVS picks up every 2 weeks, of 40 Marines, and there is only 2 class's that go through at a time. While MVOC is picking up every week of 60 Marines each.

For standing out, just be motivated, look good in uniform, don't do anything stupid, and try and help the instructors out as much as possible, you will get noticed and then become a class leader, guide, or squadleader. Having a high PFT helps, they look at that as, "how can this Marine lead others if he cannot even run?". Don't fall out of ANY runs, jump out and call cadences when ever possible. They will give you better Pros/Cons for it.

It sure has change from when I was in and a M.T. I went to camp LeJune for 8 weeks of school for 3516 then after that you were trained for driving I earn my 3521, 2nd echelon mec./3531/3533/3535? I'm not sure what they classify the wrecker operators any more. But we drove anything from the m151 to the ten ton trucks split shifting and double clutching gear jamming trucks , even the Gama-goats and the m109 mules I wouldn't trade anything for that kind of fun.You see I was Lucky, I got to be a test driver for the Marine corps in jeeps and trucks. I got paid to tear them up and to do what I love to do , D R I V E ,the hell out of them..

3533 is no more? I have been out of touch for to long.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    It sure has change from when I was in and a M.T. I went to camp LeJune for 8 weeks of school for 3516 then after that you were trained for driving I earn my 3521, 2nd echelon mec./3531/3533/3535? I'm not sure what they classify the wrecker operators any more. But we drove anything from the m151 to the ten ton trucks split shifting and double clutching gear jamming trucks , even the Gama-goats and the m109 mules I wouldn't trade anything for that kind of fun.You see I was Lucky, I got to be a test driver for the Marine corps in jeeps and trucks. I got paid to tear them up and to do what I love to do , D R I V E ,the hell out of them..
    First off, I really like your profile picture. Did you make it yourself??
    Secondly, you are right it sure has changed. I also attended ('59) MT school at LeJeune, I think that it was at Geiger. Obtained a 3516 MOS, had some minor driving lessons and after that it was OJT (On the Job Training). Drove 2x2, 4x4, 6x6, and the big dobule jointed SOBs that bend in the middle & go sh.. sh.. . LOL

I think that I may have driven just about everything in the motor pool at that time, the 3/4 ton M37 was by far the hardest sob to shift and the old Mighty Might jeep was the biggest pile of crap that came of the assembly line.
    Two & half ton M35, wrecker, and m51 dump with mat layer where the most fun.

I have an M38 jeep ('52) that I been trying to restore but need to get motivated again.

Marine1955 made my memory flash back, MT school was at Montford Point not Geiger as I originally stated above. (senior moment)

Did it look like this?

Damn just like I remember, how old is the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    Did it look like this?

I remember it well !!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skosh59 View Post
    Damn just like I remember, how old is the pic?
    That pic, and a couple others, is in the Nawth Ca'alahna album in my profile. I went to 3521 and 3522 school there in '75.

they're still there. and it still looks that way.

I remember we had one Marine WHO wouldn't shower after class,he would change and go to town and the next day he would sink so bad you thought a skunk smelled better. well to make a long story short we gave him a shower party and lets say after that he was the first man in the shower from then on. GOD I MISS THOSE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH yea his reason was the shower was so far away from the barracks LOL who new...

you mean to say you ENJOYED giving a grown man a shower?

odd.

anyways, I've heard of "shower parties" before, what the hell did you guys do? beat his ass then throw him in the shower?

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    you mean to say you ENJOYED giving a grown man a shower?

odd.

anyways, I've heard of "shower parties" before, what the hell did you guys do? beat his ass then throw him in the shower?
    your godda*mn right when someone smells as bad as he did I loved every minute of it and if you were there you would too. and if you smelled that bad we would do you the same way. you can bet your azz on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information