Black Socks with boots - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    what happened to integrity?
    white sox are not part of your Marine Corps uniform unless you are in PT gear

hehe, I was bustin balls about the white sox. Seen it before though, just not on me in Cammies!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A year or so ago I ran across a website that sold socks that were white on the foot, but black or OD green from there up. They were being marketed to the military and police. The socks cost a bit more than average, but it is an option.

I suppose you could always surf around like I was doing (actually I was looking for camping gear and wilderness first aid stuff and these popped up on a site I looked at).

P.S. Just before I sent this I remember my Air Guard unit commander had two-toned socks, with white foot/black tops he bought to take to Desert Storm. I have no clue anymore where he got them, so they've been out there since at least 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    A year or so ago I ran across a website that sold socks that were white on the foot, but black or OD green from there up. They were being marketed to the military and police. The socks cost a bit more than average, but it is an option.

I suppose you could always surf around like I was doing (actually I was looking for camping gear and wilderness first aid stuff and these popped up on a site I looked at).

P.S. Just before I sent this I remember my Air Guard unit commander had two-toned socks, with white foot/black tops he bought to take to Desert Storm. I have no clue anymore where he got them, so they've been out there since at least 1990.
    those are the sox i use now (they sell them at the uniform shop on base), but only because i cant seem to find thorlos anymore..

Is there something special about having a white sock?

Quote Originally Posted by earningthetitle View Post
    the ones i have i dont like....i prefer thorlos, but i cant find them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    Here you go......

http://www.thorlo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by earningthetitle View Post

You could bleach them in hot water to kill the fungus. Hard to do with OD Green, ask me how I know..........

Makes me wonder what happend to NCO's. Is it your choice to decide whats acceptable or not? No, go get a Commision then change it, until then hold your damn Marines accountable and to the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    They used to sell socks like that at the PX in Horno and at SOI. Only, they were all black with white toes and heels. Much much better than the standard OD green socks which would lose their elasticity and fall down after just a few weeks.

In fact, I still have an wear those particular socks years later. They are good to go.

Also, as long as the socks weren't white or too eccentric no one really cared what color they were.

I say, rifle, brain, feet... these are your three most important tools. I'll take care of my feet the way I need to and if that means buying socks that aren't regulation then, so be it.

But, then, I'm also not afraid to wear panty-hose to mitigate chaffing.

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    They sell 'em here. http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...TabID=548&cs=1

I just wear dark brown boot socks I bought from Wal-Mart, no one has said anything to me about them at all, they're comfortable, and I don't get blisters like the issued socks gave me, or dress socks. I think it just should be as long as it's not white, then you should be fine.

All I wear is black boot socks.

I wanna wear pink socks....

Wear whatever socks you want...
    As long as they are lightweight and made of at least 80% Merino wool. Surprisingly the lightweights don't cook my feet any worse than cotton does in the summer and less than acrylic and poly. They don't smell near as bad even after wearing them extensively between washings which leads me to believe the wool blend has antimicrobial properties that do not diminish with washings like factory treated synthetics do. Laborers and outdoor enthusiasts love Merino wool socks until they are trashed, upon at which time if you bought the "lifetime sock" from BassProShops, they will be replaced for free. Best deal in the world if your near a retailer. Better even than the Danner factory second store.

--->Dave

Thread Information