New forum member with a Question
Create Post

New forum member with a Question

Hello fellow devildogs, new lance coolie here and I have a question.

I'll make it short and sweet.

I am about to get medically discharged from the USMCR. I am having issues with all my major joints. I've seen three doctors including a rheumatologist, whom now is referring me to either Morgantown WV, or Cleveland OH because she doesn't know whats wrong. To give it to you in a nut shell, my major joints ache and hurt constantly.

My question is this. I've never been deployed, and have been in just over 2 years. My plan was to do the reserves for a bit while I went to college, and then become and officer and fly helicopters for the USMC. Obviously that's not going to work out now. However, I am still planning on getting my commercial helicopter pilots license and pursuing that. Its been my childhood dream to fly them. The VA offers it's GI bill benefits to accredited flight schools now, what extent of GI bill benefits should I expect to receive, if any? Helicopter flight training can cost around 50,000$ when its all said and done. So any benefits would help. Also on a side note, what kind of medical benefits, if any, would I be entitled to? I am enrolled in tricare for reservists now and I am pleased with it.

Any advice/answers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here you go.
    Everything you need to know.
    Good Luck to you.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

http://www.va.gov/

Thread Information