Marine Corps Wrestling team
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Corps Wrestling team

I leave October 5 for boot camp and I realize I need to worry about getting through that first but I was wondering how one gets on the wrestling team. Does one have to try out or is there anything in particular you have to do before hand?

As you've already said, you should worry about getting through boot camp first, then MCT/SOI training and then your MOS schooling. That's a lot to handle before you even hit the fleet.
    Here's what I found on what it takes to be an All Marine Wrestler...
    http://www.marines.mil/units/mcieast...2008/MAR2.aspx

Thank you ma'am, this is greatly appreciated.

Hello I am a marine stationed in Okinawa camp foster an im just looking for a contact for the wrestling team out here. I read about all the marine that come out of here an make the all marine wrestling team an im just wondering how i can get my foot in the door. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    email- sjrstout@gmail.com

Marine Corps Wresting Team

Hello I am a marine stationed in Camp Pendleton California, and I was curious on the opportunities I would have to try out for the marine corps wrestling team, and what the requirements would be. I am very interested, and willing to do what it takes. Thank you very much!

Contact the athletics department at your MCCS.

You first have to get on the base team (tryout); if you're good enough (you have to be damn good) you can tryout for the All Marine Team.

Source: I played for my unit basketball team in MOS school.

My Kill Hat in bootcamp was on the USMC boxing team. I went to bootcamp in 1972 (when DI's still put their hands on recruits and before they swore an oath to an officer that they would never abuse us). Oh...the joy! At least, he was good at not leaving marks in obvious places!!!

I was on the All-Marine bowling team for 8 years and a 3-time Team USA finalist. HQMC will publish a MARADMIN announcing the try-outs for All-Marine Sports about 2 months prior. For the bowling team, you have to average at least 215 just to go to the roll-offs. If you make the All-Marine team, you go to the Interservice Championship. If you qualify as one of the top two competitors at the Interservice event, you then go to the Team USA trials.

How do I get ahold of the athletic director? and is there a way to attend training for it before trying out for the base team?

Hows about filling in your profile properly so people can better assist you with your issue? Also im sure like on Lejeune they have a gym and you can probably swing by that gym and ask them how to try out.

Here's the link to the MCCS Camp Pendleton Athletics Department ...

http://www.mccscp.com/varsity

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Also im sure like on Lejeune they have a gym and you can probably swing by that gym and ask them how to try out.
    that would involve actual work and talking with someone though....can't have that!..it's easier to jump online and hijack an old thread

Went to the gym, and asked everything i could about the situation. They said look online, and they have no actual knowledge there. But thanks for assuming.

Thread Information