Need recruiting advise - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OK, let me re-verse this........To my knowledge, the current end strength of the Corps is 202,000, which was to be met by end of FY2009, that would be in a couple weeks. Guess it's been reached. To my knowledge, Secretary Gates and Marine Corps leadership have agreed to an end strength of 225,000. Nothing is written in law until after the beginning of the FY, Begins 1 Oct of each year. Most likely to be accomplished in two FY's. My bad for to have "seemingly" portrayed the gospel. I have self-imposed extra duty for myself over the weekend for providing "misinformation"!

did you read it somewhere gunny? I'm really interested in knowing if this is going to happen.

4 months ago they told congress that 202k is it, and they are sacrificing money for bullets and projects to get the army up 30k in temp troop strength.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdanno View Post
    What about the Marine Corps end strength?
    Yes Gunny, When I completed recruiting duty in late 2007 (Dec.) They were talking about that. I was happy at that I was done recruiting, because meeting our goals was tough then. I could only imagine now. The way I understood it, they were going to bump up mission slowly for the next couple of years till they reach 202,000. That way its not a huge mission jump for the recruiters on the street. I also heard that they want to put more recruiters on the street. At the time, the end strength was 175,000.

Thread Information