My son
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My son

My son

After serving in the beloved Corps for 5 years active, then having to get out on a medical. I can now proudly say that my youngest son is now in boot camp. He left on August 17th to enter the Corps. He is finishing his second week as I write this.

I know that I can never convey how proud I am that he is fulfilling something that not many young people can, or will in this day and age. I tell him in my letters how proud I am. I can't get over the dread/fear/pride that I have for my son. I know that with him going in 03xx field that he will end up on the line somewhere and I worry about him. I have no doubt that he will make myself and his mother proud. My mind is a jumble of thoughts. I think about him often and think about his progress.

I just wanted to write my thoughts down and express some of my pride on this rag, and let him know that it's more than just me and my wife that are pulling for him. Thanks for listening and I will have him become a member as soon as he gets out of Boot.

Semper Fi

Congrats and best of luck to your son. Being a former grunt I can tell you that he will be trained well and have plenty of people watching his back when he goes across the pond. Keep us updated on his progress and let him know we are pulling for him to make it.

I appreciate it and will let him know that there are many people cheering him on and will let all know about his progress in boot.

yes, I also want to congratulate you... if this next one of ours is a son (find out in two weeks) I'd be proud if he chose to become a Marine as well.

Keep us up to date in this thread. Semper Fi.

Thereis a flag near the entrance of the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial in Washington . At its base are the seals of all the services.

Every morning, the Marines from the Marine Barracks at Eighth & I polish the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The other seals have not been touched since the Memorial was built.

Truly a motivational continuance of our motto, "Semper Fidelis
    ".

Congratulations to him and your family. Im sure he will do just fine.

Congrats to you and your son, Semper FI Marine.

As of Sunday the 20th, he is at Pendelton doing second phase. His platoon placed first in initial drill and they got a phone call home. The connection was horrible, and he sounded drained, and hoarse, but he's keeping his spirits up. His mother was none the better after the phone call, but I re-assured her that he is OK, and that this is natural. Will let you know more as it develops. Semper Fi

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    mynameispawpaw,
    Terrific news about your son. I wish him all the best. Don't forget that you may be able to download his training matrix from the MCRD website, that way you both can more or less have a good idea what he is in store for, even though I know you know about such things. Sometimes a printout is a good quick reference. Once again, pass on my best to your son and his fellow recruits when you write him again.
    Adios, for now.
    Gary

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats to You, your Family and your Son.
    Keep us posted.
    Semper Fi Marine.
    Rocky

Congrats to you, your son, your Family and your wife, who will soon be a Marine Mom!

Ooh-rah!

I just sent my son a new letter. (I write and send one as often as possible, as I know how lonely it is.) He should be shooting this week. This makes me proud as an 8531 PMI. I hope that some of the training that I gave him took, but I know that he is receiving some of the best training in the world. I am anxious to hear from him to find out how well he did. He stated in his last letter that he is hoping for the sharpshooter badge, but I think he got the sharpshooter and Expert mixed up. I would like to see an Expert badge on him when I get to San Diego, but I will be proud even if he is wearing a "pizza box". Anyway, that is where he is in training, and will keep you posted.

P.S. I have already told him to join this site when he gets out of boot!

Congrats to you, your son, your Family and your wife, who will soon be a Marine Mom!

Ooh-rah!

I have already bought my wife a moms flag from Sgt. Grit. We used to live in OKC and I visited his place often. She is very proud, but worried about her baby boy all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MontezumaCpl View Post

Ooh-rah!
    I have already bought my wife a mom's flag from Sgt Grit. We used to live just east of OKC and I went there often. She is very proud, yet worried every day for her baby boy. I have to keep reassuring her that he is going to be OK.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just think how Proud He is going too Be when He Sees His MaMa @ PaPa and He is a United States Marine the Whole family will walk tall

Thread Information