Ship Date moved back
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ship Date moved back

Well I just found out about 10 minutes ago that my ship date has been moved to December 21, I was 2 weeks from shipping to MCRDSD and I get called to tell me that I'm moved back 3 months. The sour part of this whole situation is that it was known by our old Gunny was informed on this and didn't tell anyone in our RS, until I was told just now. So any motivation would be nice since i'm feeling like crap right now.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    ouch well look at the bright side it won't be as hot haha

Keep your head up. Keep PTing and studying your knowledge. This will only make you better. Not much you/I/anybody can do about it so make the best of it. Good luck man.

Ya I'm just gonna have to stay moto and just keep PTing, its just gonna make me want it even more.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Just look as it as more time to train and to become even better. Every day between now and my ship date I see as a day to become better, smarter, faster, stronger. I don't look at it as time wasted and I have nothing to do because I always have something to improve on. It may suck now but when you finally get the Recruit Depot and then when you finally get to Graduation Day, it will be that much better.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGerken View Post
    Ya I'm just gonna have to stay moto and just keep PTing, its just gonna make me want it even more.
    Outstanding, keep up the moto dude! You know it'll be worth it in the end.

Yep, found out my MCRD date might get moved back so I took the opportunity to renegotiate my contract. Told my SSgt that if I am going to risk getting pushed back from my original date then I might as well have a flawless contract. Changing back to the MOS I wanted since I enlisted that is still currently filled, but I know getting a new contract even if it takes a few months will be all worth it in the end.

We had the same ship date Gerken, mine just got moved back too. Only by a week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatom View Post
    Yep, found out my MCRD date might get moved back so I took the opportunity to renegotiate my contract. Told my SSgt that if I am going to risk getting pushed back from my original date then I might as well have a flawless contract. Changing back to the MOS I wanted since I enlisted that is still currently filled, but I know getting a new contract even if it takes a few months will be all worth it in the end.

Good luck on getting your MOS changed. Don't want to see you get something you don't want to do. I'm not 100% sure on my MOS either but we'll see.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Dude, same thing just happened to me. I'm shipping December 1st instead of October 13th. Just more time to train, as I see it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was just informed yesterday by my recruiter that my ship date was moved to 2010 01 25, I was supposed to leave 2009 11 02, It suck's so much. I have been waiting close to a year now for this. My motivation is still very much high. I talked to my recruiter a little about the situation and possibly options my one question was, If I decided to switch jobs (currently going in 1141-Electrian) would that give me back my old ship date, or am I still stuck for Jan 25?

Poolee Lekas
    East Meadow, NY
    RSS Hempstead
    IST as of 20090915
    Pull-ups: 15
    Crunches: 89
    1.5 mile run: 9:02
    Ship Date MCRDPI: 20100125

I dont really check this site much; So if anyone has any answers for me feel free to instant message me via AIM (LEAKSMONsTA)

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am new to this website, and I have seen there is a lot of threads talking about ship dates being moved back, My ship date was 20091102, and now is 20100125. I can not seem to find a correct answer as people start giving answer and then start going on to discuss being motivated and so forth.

My question's are; Why does this occur? Is it possible to get a closer ship date if a poolee drops out and there spot is now open? and would changing MOS' help me get my old ship date back or get a closer ship date?

Poolee Lekas
    East Meadow, NY
    RS Hempstead
    20100125 (subject to change)

From what I know active duty dates get pushed back to make room for reservists going to boot camp. For your second question, I'm in that same position because there is a poolee who is overweight that is supposed to ship on 20091016, but if he is overweight by the time of his ship date then I will get shipped in his place. Also I would doubt that you changing your MOS would bring you any closer to your original ship date, so just stay motivated, and hope that you geet the opportunity to ship on someone else's date. Hope this helped you out.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRyan32 View Post
    Dude, same thing just happened to me. I'm shipping December 1st instead of October 13th. Just more time to train, as I see it.
    The same thing just happened to me as well. we shipped the same day and they called me up and moved me back as well.

Just found out that the MOSs haven't been assigned yet. Looks like I am getting moved again to a later date. I was supposed to leave next week... O well, more time with family and getting prepared. It will all come together at the right time.

Thread Information