Marine reservist seeing combat?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine reservist seeing combat?

I have a question and it going to seem like i should already know the answer, but my recruiter wasnt very informational when it came to the reserves. I was wondering how often as a Marine reserve under 03xx field will i see combat. i joined to fight for my country and im hoping the reserves can do just that and still keep me near home.

also is my mos 03xx guaranteed to me as a reserve.

I appreciate any information at all and thank you Marines.

They'll see a lot of it...on tv/youtube. lol.
    You'll have the same chance as any 03 if you're activated. However, they're doing that less and less now.

You will be guaranteed your MOS as a reserve.

no matter what occupation you are you will still be a Marine so you are gaurateed to see combat even if youre a reservist, so don't worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by rayray19 View Post
    no matter what occupation you are you will still be a Marine so you are gaurateed to see combat even if youre a reservist, so don't worry about that.
    Eeeeasy War Dog.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray19 View Post
    Maybe at MCT...there's quite a few MOS's that won't see much, if any, combat. BUT as an 03xx you'll get plenty, even as a reservist.

you boots truely don't know how to answer reservist questions... that's for sure.

OP... it depends on when your future reserve unit deployed last... they are on a two year cycle the last I heard... which was before the 202k...

by the time you finish training it'll be this time next year... no more Iraq... minimal Afganistan.... fewer Marines in theater....

chances are slim for you to see combat.

but I have a question for you... why do you want to goto combat but stay close to home? if that's the case then you should go into the Active Reserves as soon as you can...

EDIT: you can't do it right away without your command authorizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by demar31 View Post
    i joined to fight for my country and im hoping the reserves can do just that and still keep me near home.
    Just curious....how do you expect to fight for your country and still stay near home?

Thread Information