Intel MOS
Create Post

Thread: Intel MOS

Exclamation Intel MOS

I joined the DEP on december 5 2008 and i am suppose to leave sometime in october for BC. Basically i just wanted to know if an intel MOS was more of a boring desk job or something that i will look forward to doing for the next 4+ years. Also what does the job entail on a day to day basis.

what's BC?

and yes it will probably be lots of desk work with lots of power point presentations... there is a thread in the poolee hall that explains the whole job in detail... it's a sticky so you can't miss it.

change the color of your sig as it gives me a freakin' headache.

You don't get to choose any intel job you want, they choose that for you in boot camp. There are also many different Intel MOS's which gather and supply different types of Intel such as HUMINT, ELINT, SIGINT, etc.. As far as the desk job it matters what MOS you have and where you are stationed. I'm a 2621 SIGINT analyst with 3D Radio Bn. When I deploy I either work in a team that is attached to a grunt unit or Special Forces in some cases, or I can sit behind a desk in a air conditioned tent doing things I can't tell you about. As far as a day to day basis, I go to class improving my job proficiency until I deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by scifguard View Post
    You don't get to choose any intel job you want, they choose that for you in boot camp. There are also many different Intel MOS's which gather and supply different types of Intel such as HUMINT, ELINT, SIGINT, etc.. As far as the desk job it matters what MOS you have and where you are stationed. I'm a 2621 SIGINT analyst with 3D Radio Bn. When I deploy I either work in a team that is attached to a grunt unit or Special Forces in some cases, or I can sit behind a desk in a air conditioned tent doing things I can't tell you about. As far as a day to day basis, I go to class improving my job proficiency until I deploy.
    Air Conditioned tent? Where the heck were you working at? LOL

Search the forum, there is an extremely well written primer on the 0231 MOS that will answer all your questions relating to that field.

I was a 2621 in Rota, Spain, and when we weren't chasing dits and dahs we were trying to drown ourselves in San Miguel and Sangria. Our purpose there was to deploy with and augment the intel capabilities of the fleet. Whereas all 2621's could copy code, not all could identify specific targets by the way they sent code, or by the number of times they keyed in. That was the reason for having a "local" along for the ride. Like every Marine, we trained hard, hit the Prac, and tended to play a lot harder than anyone else. It was just what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Air Conditioned tent? Where the heck were you working at? LOL
    It's the best tent on the block, haha.
    Gotta be air conditioned for all the equipment, otherwise very expensive stuff breaks very quickly.

One great reason to move into Intel or another line of work that gets you a Secret or Top Secret clearance is that after getting at least 4 years of experience under your belt, civilian companies will hire you for great pay in a heartbeat. My company is actually looking to hire almost 200 each of HUMINT, SIGINT, All-Source, and Collections Managers to deploy to Afghanistan for 12 months, and the pay will likely start from $80,000- $120,000 without a college degree. Practically no other jobs outside of the military can pay like that. The hiring will start in Sept and continue for the next 2 years. Drop a line if interested.

Thread Information