Battle Force 18 1963-64 Advisers MAAG-Vietnam
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Battle Force 18 1963-64 Advisers MAAG-Vietnam

Looking for anyone with information about the advisers of Battle Force 18, who were advisers to the 4th Vietnamese Marines in 1963-1964.

My good friend and adopted uncle, Robert "Bob" Swanson was one of them. Corporal Swanson (later Sgt.) received the Bronze Star with Combat V and the Purple Heart for his courageous actions on 11 January 1964, when he led a counterattack on a numerically superior force that had penetrated a 4th Vietnamese Marine position.

Uncle Bob passed away in 2005. He had no children or surviving family. I have some of his photos, his medals, Globe, etc. I would love to know more about where he was located when he received his medals, and more about his unit and their actions. Anyone knowing him, or about his unit, I would appreciate hearing from.

Thanks, and as Uncle Bob always said, Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    It's amazing how little information I can find about Marines in Vietnam pre 1965. I know their numbers were small, but I'd sure like to know their stories.

Credits
    Savings
    Just a bump to see if anyone can help.

Thanks!

How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to.
    And unless you're a Marine, you don't rate saying Semper Fi on this site. You may also want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to.
    And unless you're a Marine, you don't rate saying Semper Fi on this site. You may also want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.
    Sorry... was just quoting Uncle Bob...certainly didn't mean to offend.... thanks for the help.

Credits
    Savings
    Checked out the two forums you suggested....of course neither one was applicable, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Thread Information