Re'upped and now they say its a no go
Create Post

Exclamation Re'upped and now they say its a no go

So a little background,
    My hubby is in his second enlistment, deployed in 2004-2005 timeframe, can back suffering from what was way later diagnosed as PTSD. He sought help, and was told oh "you have a personality disorder" and was then put up for an admin sep. We fought it tooth and nail and when it got up the chain someone saw the potential my husband displayed and suspended it for a year provided he got in no trouble ect. There was page 11's done to note all this. Well the end of enlistment 1 rolls around and we decide he wants to re-enlist, and its only been 9 months, but they process his package for re-enlistment and its a go! He raised his hand again in Mar 2008, and then PVS'd in Jan 09. He was retroactivly promoted to Sgt from May of 08, has never had disciplinary problems, and still has none. Today I get a call from him saying that his COC (higher end) pulled him in and said that because whoever sent up his reenlistment package to HHQ did not post or include his page 11's they may start separation proceedings again. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to how we can fight this? It just seems so wrong. Hubby is a great Marine. He always gets pulled for special stuff. At his last command was filling 3 billets, Regimental Safety Chief, Hazmat Chief and some officer billet, and was a Cpl at the time... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CplEarl View Post
    So a little background,
    My hubby is in his second enlistment, deployed in 2004-2005 timeframe, can back suffering from what was way later diagnosed as PTSD. He sought help, and was told oh "you have a personality disorder" and was then put up for an admin sep. We fought it tooth and nail and when it got up the chain someone saw the potential my husband displayed and suspended it for a year provided he got in no trouble ect. There was page 11's done to note all this. Well the end of enlistment 1 rolls around and we decide he wants to re-enlist, and its only been 9 months, but they process his package for re-enlistment and its a go! He raised his hand again in Mar 2008, and then PVS'd in Jan 09. He was retroactivly promoted to Sgt from May of 08, has never had disciplinary problems, and still has none. Today I get a call from him saying that his COC (higher end) pulled him in and said that because whoever sent up his reenlistment package to HHQ did not post or include his page 11's they may start separation proceedings again. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to how we can fight this? It just seems so wrong. Hubby is a great Marine. He always gets pulled for special stuff. At his last command was filling 3 billets, Regimental Safety Chief, Hazmat Chief and some officer billet, and was a Cpl at the time... Thanks

I take it you don't have copies of the Page 11's?

I think we may, they just never made it to HHQ

Quote Originally Posted by CplEarl View Post
    I think we may, they just never made it to HHQ
    Make copies and get them to HHQ.
    Get the Names and contact info for those that wrote them also.
    So that if they dispute the validity of them, you can refer them to source.

Also get in touch with a military lawyer.
    If HHQ won't take the Page 11's start dropping the idea that you have lawyer and that you aren't afraid to use them.
    Use the lawyer trick as a last resort.

Thread Information