MSG Duty Marines - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    wow... and I'm not making you stay in the Corps either, so stop complaing about it... just like you're subtly trying to tell me not to complain about your posts....

you need to learn your place in the Corps before you really have a voice on how it sucks... when you mention how you hate school status, as I said before... millions before you. You're not special... you are ordered to learn that MOS, follow said orders to the best of your ability.

you are worrying too much about the future... re-read my last paragraph if you can't accept that statement.

I'm glad you want MSG, but to do it just to escape something you haven't even experienced yet is idiotic... so please, stop sounding ignorant.

now, as for the getting kicked out comment, I'm to blame by changing words around... but you sure seem in a hurry to get out when you just got in... tells me that your current personality may not be in-line with being a Marine and you're getting heat for it... or you think your training is a waste of time...

EDIT: @ yut... none... he grows balls online. He'd hate it if I was one of his instructors though.

and in person I'd probably deal with him just as I am now... calm and calculated... but he wouldn't listen.
    Internet tough guys. Hilarious. Especially when they're junior.

they think they can't get charged with this... when in fact they can... I find it humorous.... there one Marine on these forums I know of who is dealing with that issue right now.... funny thing is in his case... it's all fabricated, but the command still has to take the alligations seriously.

and NO I won't tell you who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdncowboy View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty dang sure I read a thread started by you a few months back, on looking for ways to be discharged for a mental condition cause you can't even hack it in MOS school, and I'm pretty sure other Marines on this forum can back me up on this one. You haven't even hit the Fleet let alone finished your schooling, and you are starting threads about how you can go about lat moving.

And to top it off talking to a SSgt like the way you did. If you were in my platoon you would be regretting the way you spoke to him for a week after the fact.

Wrong, and dead wrong. I was seeking advice on a mental condition and was worried about seeking help cause I thought I would get kicked out.

Putting words in a mans mouth, the last refuge for a man with no answers.

But lesson learned, from now on when I need answers I'll fish around in my command first instead of irritating yall. No, I don't like being here, but I do my job. It's not a requirement to be in love with this ****, only to follow orders. I'm just going to make it as easy as possible.

so PFC, did you read my last post? you're saying I am a resorting to the last refuge for a man with no answers?

how bout you shut you suck and go bother others.

you joined the Marine Corps for a reason, I'm curious what that reason was... I stayed in 'cause I love it... what's keeping you from loving it?

HAHAHAHA, Im sorry but it is absolutely awesome to be a fly on the wall for this one!!!!!!!

A Master Sergeant, and very good friend of mine, used to say "it's all about life choices."

I'd be interested to hear your reason for joining, too. No one made you enlist in the Marines. You made that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    so PFC, did you read my last post? you're saying I am a resorting to the last refuge for a man with no answers?

how bout you shut you suck and go bother others.

you joined the Marine Corps for a reason, I'm curious what that reason was... I stayed in 'cause I love it... what's keeping you from loving it?
    Saying the lcpl was, twisting my words to make an argument.

EDIT: What keeps anyone from loving their job? Dad has worked as a set up man on CNC machines for over 25 years, hates it more than anything, but he still does it cause he has to. It's not for everyone. Just doesn't interest me like I thought it would. But without going there's no way to ever learn, is there? So yes, you can say I signed the contract, but so what? If I didn't then I never would have known what it's like. I did, now I'm figuring it out, and eventually I'll move on. I've always wanted to do law enforcement. But I might hate that too. Never know till you try. But you don't always have a choice. Sometimes you have to do things because its required, be it to support your wife, raise a child, keep a roof over your head. **** happens.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheWeak View Post
    Wrong, and dead wrong. I was seeking advice on a mental condition and was worried about seeking help cause I thought I would get kicked out.

Putting words in a mans mouth, the last refuge for a man with no answers.

But lesson learned, from now on when I need answers I'll fish around in my command first instead of irritating yall. No, I don't like being here, but I do my job. It's not a requirement to be in love with this ****, only to follow orders. I'm just going to make it as easy as possible.
    listen to me when I tell you this. Your a young Marine like I'm still am. Everything ****ing sucks, being treated like **** sucks, being at MOS school sucks.

We get it, SSgt was there, YutYut was there, and I was there. We know what your going through. But you better square your attitude away, because in the fleet it will be 10x worse than here. I got my ass beat for about two months when i arrived. I hated it all, being brought down to the lowest level and never brought back up. Now I still ***** an moan and complain about little **** here and there but in the near future your are going to look back and curse yourself for being a *****.

It's not all that bad, your time will come when your going to be in charge and things will become a little easier for you. Just drop the **** now and let it be. The best thing to do is bite your tongoue on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    listen to me when I tell you this. Your a young Marine like I'm still am. Everything ****ing sucks, being treated like **** sucks, being at MOS school sucks.

We get it, SSgt was there, YutYut was there, and I was there. We know what your going through. But you better square your attitude away, because in the fleet it will be 10x worse than here. I got my ass beat for about two months when i arrived. I hated it all, being brought down to the lowest level and never brought back up. Now I still ***** an moan and complain about little **** here and there but in the near future your are going to look back and curse yourself for being a *****.

It's not all that bad, your time will come when your going to be in charge and things will become a little easier for you. Just drop the **** now and let it be. The best thing to do is bite your tongoue on this one.

I know I'll appreciate it once I'm done. It's like PT, I hate going out and running 5 miles but once its over I know I accomplished something. I just don't see things the same way the lifers do. Or those who love the Marine Corps. I see it just as a job and something that I can put on a resume to help me later, and opens opportunities to do cool things like travel around the world, experience cultures, etc. My dream has never been to make the military a career.

I did it because I think it should be mandatory. I think everyone who is able should be forced to do this for a certain amount of time. To be able to have the rights that you do as an American citizen they shouldn't just be given, you should actually have to earn it. I don't agree with the leadership in this country or the things people are allowed to do. I used to want to do this because I thought of it as some noble deed, being altruistic. But I realized most, not all, but most of this country just doesn't really care. They like to pull up to McDonalds, order their Big Mac and be on their way. And as long as they can do that, they don't give a **** about anything else that goes on around them. I can't stand that apathetic attitude, so more and more I have to ask myself why am I defending these people?

I've never made the best choices in my life. As far as everyone who has known me is concerned, I should have went to college. Everyone in my family told me it was a waste for me to go into the military. I can't say I agree or disagree. I know that I could have gotten into any school I wanted for the most part.

I started this thread looking for answers to a question, one that hasn't been answered and probably won't be, so I won't post in it anymore since it would just be a waste of time. I found out today I'm heading to Cali, once I get there I'll ask my command and see what it is I need to do. I probably would have had to anyway. If they refuse to help me at first I'll get it in writing and then talk to the MSG selection team. According to the MARADMIN they have final say, the command can argue all they want, but it's the needs of the Marine Corps. Apparently right now there is a tremendous shortage of MSG Marines, after Octobers class graduates they'll be 200 short of what they need, and by this time next year if it doesn't pick up, they won't be able to even guard all the embassies that they do now.

Suck at school, get to Cali and suck at whatever it is you do.

Then they won't mind loosing you to MSG duty.

Problem solved. You're welcome.

Oh, and you better believe what people say about being held accountable for things you say here. I personally experienced it, and it involved a MSgt, a Sgt Maj, and THE Sgt Maj!

...so, just watch yourself.

so you know... just because we have embassies doesn't mean they have to guarded by Marines... Thought you should know.

with 202,000 Marines... I'm sure they'll get the number they need.

as for this statement... "I don't agree with the leadership in this country or the things people are allowed to do. I used to want to do this because I thought of it as some noble deed, being altruistic. But I realized most, not all, but most of this country just doesn't really care. They like to pull up to McDonalds, order their Big Mac and be on their way. And as long as they can do that, they don't give a **** about anything else that goes on around them."

one, you can vote the leadership out, if you feel you have no control then you have awoke to the bitter truth... I guess you took the red pill.

as for the people of this country, yes... the majority of the nasty civilians couldn't care less about NK blowing up some harmless country with a nuke... until after it's done then they blame everyone.... but there are people who believe in what we do. I was on a plane from jacksonville, NC when I talked to a former Marine... nam vet, we had a good chat the entire way... after he got up to leave the plane the wife who I didn't realize was sitting behind him the whole time thanked me... apparently he's got some generative joints... and he hasn't walked unassisted for the last two years until he just got off the plane... she had tears in her eyes and gave me a big hug.

They care not because of what we do, but of what we have become... upstanding citizens who don't ignore the old guys, the people in need... we go out of our way to help people and we don't dress like some hoodlum.... that's why they respect us.

One day you might understand what I'm talking about but I don't think you want to.

There is no way a boot PFC/LCpl will get rec'd for MSG duty.

My command is putting non-recs for MSG for:

LCpl's who haven't deployed
    PFCs (I don't even think a PFC is dumb enough to apply)
    LCpls/Cpls/Sgts without enough TIS to fulfill the obligation who don't reenlist.

He meets all 3 of these categories.

yup... the Corps isn't going to like non-combat vets going to MSG...

the idea was to have Marines who aren't boots, have a record in the FMF and have maturity and respect... MSG is a very high profile SDA.

even with the need like STW said... out of 202k... I'm sure they're gonna have enough by october.

Commdoggie is here.

There are many threads on this already, I will not be answering anymore petty 'requirement' questions. Post a question specifically pertaining to the duty itself and I will answer it. Career planners can answer all other questions you may have.

Thread Information