Future Marine Wife
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Future Marine Wife

Hello all~
    I'm new to this site and I'm not sure if I'm doing things in the right order. I found this site using google.com because I've got some question regarding marriage.
    My fiance is currently in San Diego for basic training. He'll be graduating October 23. We're wanting to get married before he gets stationed. What I would like to know, is if a) that is possible, b) how do we go about it, and c) what is your guys' advice. Thanks in advance.

Exclamation

Another one bites the dust

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    well first you have to know that he is going to be different when he returns from bootcamp. i was different and that is what essentially messed up my relationship with my ex fiance'. second, you should wait till he actually hits the fleet that way you and him will be able to get housing and what not. third, dont jump the gun because you are going to need time to adjust to him being a Marine, and he is going to need time to readjust to being with you. and fourth, prepare for sudden deployments depending on his mos.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyAnne89 View Post
    Hello all~
    I'm new to this site and I'm not sure if I'm doing things in the right order. I found this site using google.com because I've got some question regarding marriage.
    My fiance is currently in San Diego for basic training. He'll be graduating October 23. We're wanting to get married before he gets stationed. What I would like to know, is if a) that is possible, b) how do we go about it, and c) what is your guys' advice. Thanks in advance.
    I'm going to skip all that other stuff and give you my advice.

Firstly, fill out your profile.

You need to not get married until your boyfriend, fiancee, boy toy, or whatever, is in the fleet for a few months.
    This will give time for you both to adjust to USMC lifestyle, and each other after the transformation.
    The extensive paperwork, classes, and counseling will be much easier to get through.
    Also if a young PFC comes to his first unit and asks about getting married on the first day he will be looked at like he drank the bong water and will catch hell for awhile.

Be aware that as a fiancee you will not have the same benefits as a member of family.
    So if you get sick, or something else serious, he will not get special leave to go see you.
    Powers of Attorney cannot be made out to you either.
    Not until it is official.
    For the love of God, don't get pregnant as a way of getting the foot in the door.

If it's true love, it can wait.

Thread Information