My Deciaction, Motivation, Heart as a Poolee in the Marine Corps
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Deciaction, Motivation, Heart as a Poolee in the Marine Corps

hey, my name is Gary Harper, im wanting to show my dedication to the Marine Corps to the poolee's and future poolee's.
    I never thought about joining the Marines until one day it hit me i want to do something good with my life, the Marine Corps was the 1st thing in my mind but i had one problem...my weight.
    When i was 17 i was 335LBS and no reqruiter would ever want to talk to me, so i decided to get off my butt and do something with my self, earn the respect that Marines get, it was what i wanted so bad in life, so i pushed my self to the limit with the thought in my head of "becoming a US Marine" and 2 years later im 205lbs.
    i went and talked to a reqruiter about my progress of losing that mess of weight i lost, he was amazed at what i done to myself, so he sent me off to Nashville, TN for MEPS on July 7th.
    I swore in July 2009, with the MOS 0600 and ship date of 20100222.
    So im going to show you Marines/Poolee's my progress of changing myself to oneday become a United States Marine.
    With Motivation, Dedication, and heart you can do anything if you put your self to whatever you want in life...
    let me know what u think of my progress, ty

when i was 15

when i was 17, im on the far left

me now at 19

Gary Harper, GREAT progress! I hope you get what your looking for, and good luck to you.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    wow no offense dude but you were fat as hell glad you got your head in the game and decided to sign up for the Marine Corps I wish you continued progress in strengthing and weight loss....one good thing about losing weight is when it's gone yoru legs are already strong becuase of the weight you had to cary around you just don't realize it till you start losing i'm sure you've already started to see that

yyea im still vutting weight im pushing for 180 before i ship off to boot camp im gonna make it. i have so much dedication it hasent went away since i was 17

wow..congratulations!

Good Luck!

WOW dude its like a whole new you! Good work, keep it up, and stay motivated. These last 7-8 months for you will go by so fast. I swore in 6 months ago and its amazing how fast it has flown by. Good luck bro.

preciate it yall, i keep making typo's on my words cause im always on the go and i got on my phone and tryed to attemp to type lol.

How tall are you? Why 06xx field and what are you IST scores like?

5'11, and 06XX because i took college classes towards IT Technology, im gonna finish college up after active duty, then probably re-inlist.
    my 1.5 mile run is 12:30, 85 crunches and 8 pull ups, as of this last saturday

Only 5'11"? You look lighter than 205 in your picture. But keep it up, your doing awesome.

Good job,Keep up the hard work and MOTO!

SkMike
    Guest Free Member
    good stuff buddy.

Keep up the hard work man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldridge0311 View Post
    Only 5'11"? You look lighter than 205 in your picture. But keep it up, your doing awesome.
    I agree, looks more like 180-185 to me. Im roughly 160 or so and he's not THAT much bigger than me

Thread Information