2 questions: Expert "award" bars on shoot badge/ribbons on shirts 24/7?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 questions: Expert "award" bars on shoot badge/ribbons on shirts 24/7?

My first question is, I am a 3 award expert and 1 time pistol expert. For my alpha blouse/dress blues, do I have to wear expert award bars? Is it recommended? Is it not allowed at all?

Personally its a pain in the ass making them, but that 3rd award bar is something I'd like to have when checking into my new unit.

Also, lets say someone wanted to come in and look at all my uniforms in my wall locker. Is it expected that every shirt and blouse will have ribbons (and badges where applicable) on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    My first question is, I am a 3 award expert and 1 time pistol expert. For my alpha blouse/dress blues, do I have to wear expert award bars?
    Yes.

Also, lets say someone wanted to come in and look at all my uniforms in my wall locker. Is it expected that every shirt and blouse will have ribbons (and badges where applicable) on them?
    No.

Id wear the 3rd award bar, it takes two minutes to put it on, you just need a good set of needle nose pliers so you don't srew it up.

But to answer your question, Im not too sure, I had a 2nd award bar on my expert badge for ever, even though I am 3rd award expert, First we never wore our Uniforms, just cammies 99% of the time, Second the only way theyd know is if they pulled everyones records and match what they rate to what there wearing. Just don't get caught wearing something you don't rate.

i think the only uniform that needs all the badges and ribonns are the uniforms that are mentioned for inspection, I don't think every single uniform peice needs the stuff on it..........but things change so not 100% sure. Wheres Pezold!!!!

Very well.

Other than for duty, we never wear any service uniforms either. I've worn my alphas for about 45 minutes the entire time I've been in the Marine Corps. Never worn the blues at a unit function ever, nor have I ever worn bravos.

I'm just trying to get all my stuff squared away before I leave, and so I can **** with all the junior Marines one last time

"Hey Marines, Alpha inspection, tomorrow 0600."

lololol!

when you get to your MSG post you'll probably be wearing whatever the uniform of the day is.... you will wear ribbons often and it'll take time to get them from the US to where ever... get a small fishing tackle box and each compartment you have 5-10 ribbons of each that you rate, devices (they get knocked off easily) and any you might need in the future, ribbon bars (had some pins break off just before I was sword detail at the Ball this year) to include one or two for a ribbon or two more than what you have, range badges with some extra awards bars, and only one set of mounted ribbons... those cost too much and you'll always have the option to be in Bravos.... but having them for the ball (incase you aren't in the ceremony... hahaha yeah right...) or other social engagement with dignitaries that require you to be in alphas.

but, um... when you mount the awards bar pinch it flat so it won't spin around on you and you get hit from some anal bastard....

Damn, just spent 80$ at the uniform store.

I got the 3rd award badges and have 4 sets of ribbons, 1 for blues, 1 for alphas, 1 for bravos and 1 for charlies. I have 3 pistol and 3 expert badges (with qualification bars).

I need to get my medals mounted now, do they put the devices in them or do I do that myself?

Also, the old ribbon bars that I have place the 2nd row directly on top of the 1st row. The new bars I bought have a 1/8" gap between the first and second row. Which is "Correct"?

goto the MCA and have them do it... 24 dollars to become a member and you get a discount (great time to get the membership 'cause you're gonna pay about 100 dollars)

you get the member cost for the mount, and then you get the new member discount...

they will do everything for you. they can do a flat mount on ribbons so you alphas look squared away when you wear your medals 'cause those will be flat as well... they will mount the devices for you.

in all other uniforms I have the ribbons I did... since there are not flat mounted medals I don't need to worry about the ribbons looking different.

you can have no gap, or the 1/8" gap... which ever you want. both are authorized.

That post confused me more than anything else I've ever read before in my life.

MCA? Mount? What's 100$? Mounting medals? Member cost? Flat mount? Ribbons?

Your'e talking about "flat mounting" the ribbons that don't have a medal on my alphas?

Damn, just spent 80$ at the uniform store.

I got the 3rd award badges and have 4 sets of ribbons, 1 for blues, 1 for alphas, 1 for bravos and 1 for charlies. I have 3 pistol and 3 expert badges (with qualification bars).

Uh, why?

I need to get my medals mounted now, do they put the devices in them or do I do that myself?
    Ask, some of them will, some of them won't.

Also, the old ribbon bars that I have place the 2nd row directly on top of the 1st row. The new bars I bought have a 1/8" gap between the first and second row. Which is "Correct"?

Both are, it comes down to personal preference.
    Any questions?

Nope.

To answer yours, I'm just weird like that. I like having ribbons and badges on my alphas and blues at all times. So if there's some bull**** inspection I don't have to run around like an idiot. And then we wear our charlies so much for barracks duty it can't help to have two sets for that.

Perhaps it'd be a little different if I was at 4 rows like you are

Nope.

To answer yours, I'm just weird like that. I like having ribbons and badges on my alphas and blues at all times. So if there's some bull**** inspection I don't have to run around like an idiot. And then we wear our charlies so much for barracks duty it can't help to have two sets for that.

Perhaps it'd be a little different if I was at 4 rows like you are
    It gets expensive, the $.59 (or whatever they are now) adds up quick.

A quick tip on ribbons:
    Spray them down with Scotch Guard, it will keep the colors from running on your uniform if they get wet.

Use the foam ear plug or card stock backing trick always.

that's funny.... I have never had ribbons run.... what brand do you buy? the loose ones or the ones in the boxes? there is a difference.

as for the backer... it's nice... but I rarely use one... that all depends on the fit of the shirt and the size of your chest I suppose. I've seen backers that don't do anything but stick out of the shirt... as in, instead of holding the ribbons flat the ribbons pull out the backer so you can see the corners.

That post confused me more than anything else I've ever read before in my life.

MCA? Mount? What's 100$? Mounting medals? Member cost? Flat mount? Ribbons?

Your'e talking about "flat mounting" the ribbons that don't have a medal on my alphas?

Marine Corps Association... they have a section in each main-side PX in the Corps... they mount medals (or contract it out usually) and if you're a member you get a member discount... and when you become a new member you get 10% off your purchase... so you get 10% off the mounting of the medals... and ribbons.

and I meant your Blues "A".... your service uniform can be the normal ribbons, but you should have the flat mounted medals and ribbons for your dress blue alphas... and if you're so inclined to get a flat mounth ribbon bar in case you are ever in the sword detail it will look sharp...

but don't pay to have ribbons mounted unless in conjunction with having medals mounted.

you don't have flat mounted medals with normal ribbons... it's just not right.

For someone who claims he is an E-4 and using the Air Force logo, why are we even entertaining this clown? I guess if he is a Marine then he hasn't been to any formal schools or he would know these answers.

satire 95... it's satire. his sig is supposed to do a better job at lending to it.

I think it's kinda funny... now if his sig said somthing negative about the Corps then I'd take offense.

Thread Information