Vick signs deal with Eagles - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    GGyound, after living in Okinawa for two years, I could care less about Japan. That was just for arguments sack. Maybe if Vick didn't kill those dogs they would have bitten his niece or something.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    Should Michael Vick get a second chance? Yew.. a second chance to live a clean and honest life, now that he has done his time. He should have every chance to live a normal life, just like you or I, BUT... he should have been banned from the NFL for LIFE! The major players in the NFL make millions of dollars each year, and they are, or should be, role models for the millions of children and fans worldwide. Reinstatment of Vick only contributes to the ever increasing attitude of no one being held accountable for his / her willful actions, and no major repurcussions as a result of those actions. If Vick had been, say.. a Police Officer, and done exactly the same thing, got busted, sentenced and served his time, how many of us would want him reinstated into a Police Department and sent out on a beat in YOUR neighborhood??? The NFL has become a haven for too many convicted felons of late. NONE of those players convicted of ANY felony crime should EVER play in the NFL again. One of the sad results of the NFL players union was the doing away with the "MORALS" clause in NFL contracts, which were quite common in the pre-union days. Players were held to a standard of conduct, violations of that standard of conduct resulted in being released without pay, and in some cases, being "blackballed" so no other team would pick you up.
    Vick is welcome to go get a real job, sell cars, buy a convenience store, drive a cab, or whatever, but he should NEVER play in the NFL again.
    As for the Eagles picking him up, if they keep him, I hope that they go 0 and 16...JUST BECAUSE!
    I agree!
    And I hope the Eagles go 0-16 too...just because I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan!

Quote Originally Posted by ronr418 View Post
    You must of been to S. Korea.... huh?
    Yachon (or however its spelled...lol)

I haven't read the feedback yet, but here's my take on it:
    I'm an old--too damn old--southern white guy, just to let you know where this is coming from.
    Now that you're enlightened, my take is why not? He's done his time in jail, paid his dues. If someone wants to sign him up, that's their business.
    He'll be under a microscope every minute, though. I guess he knows that, too.

LASWMarine...we are destined to hate each other. The cowboys are going down this year.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory...

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    You ever killed a fly ? You ever eaten chicken ? Heard of a steak ? Same ****ing thing, just a different animal. Was it wrong ? Yes. Do I give a **** anymore ? No.

What chance did the civilans at Hiroshima and Nagasaki get ? Maybe we should disband the U.S. military because of that. **** forgive and forget, right ?
    Hard to let MD8724's remark pass.
    The Japs killed many more innocents before we ended the war at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    Anyone remember the Bataan Death March, the sub-human confinement of American and Filipino POWS? The rape of Nanking.
    They weren't going to surrender and a lot of good American Marines, sailors and soldiers were going to be killed and maimed when we invaded Japan. The atomic bombs finally got their attention. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    Yachon (or however its spelled...lol)
    Close enough... when were you there? I was there in 1984 for Operation Team Spirit. ome to think of it I was at the airbase at yechon.

Quote Originally Posted by YutYut View Post
    LASWMarine...we are destined to hate each other. The cowboys are going down this year.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory...
    LOL!
    Boooooo Eagles.
    Yay Cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by kentmitchell View Post
    Hard to let MD8724's remark pass.
    The Japs killed many more innocents before we ended the war at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    Anyone remember the Bataan Death March, the sub-human confinement of American and Filipino POWS? The rape of Nanking.
    They weren't going to surrender and a lot of good American Marines, sailors and soldiers were going to be killed and maimed when we invaded Japan. The atomic bombs finally got their attention. I don't feel sorry for any of them.
    Right on Kent... Semper Fi.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Personally, I don't like what Michael Vick was convicted of doing and although I can't prove it I do believe that he received preferencial treatment, in sentencing, because of his commercially viable football skills among other things. That being said, he did do his time within a system that dictated his time and he was released to continue his civilian life. I just think that he should be banned from playing football in the NFL for life but as we all know money talks and exploitation fuels money flow and as long as that money flow is positive that money flow, and the system it operates under, will be allowed to survive until guidelines change. So, as it is right now, Michael Vick is ripe for profitable exploitation...kinda like we all are. LOL

MD8724: you, and the others that are posting about eating dogs, monkeys, and whatever other animals are missing the point completely! I have no problem with killing any animal for food.. it is not the killing...it is the METHOD! You do not use unnecessairly cruel methods to kill for food. The methods used by Vick and Co. were sadistic and unnecessary. If they wanted to dispose of the dogs, and had to kill them, then shoot them but better yet, give them away. Hanging, choking, electrocuting, drowning, etc and making the animal suffer a slow and painful death was totally unnecessary and wrong. People that treat animals in such a sadistic manner generally have been found to have no problem with treating humans in the same way. Just my 2 cent opinion.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I saw Vick on the 60 Minutes special on TV last night.
    I didn't believe a word he said.
    Smiling and laughing while he was saying he was sorry.
    Piece of SH*T!!!!

Let the players take care of the problem. He's a rusher, let him handle the pain of being beaten like a dog play after play after play.

We'll get to see retribution on national TV. Fine the offending player but make Vick pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    We'll get to see retribution on national TV. Fine the offending player but make Vick pay for it.
    So you're saying its ok to beat a man down, but not a dog, right? Cause that's exactly how this reads. And why are you going to make someone else pay for another person doing wrong?

I guess with that outlook, if a Marine in your shop gets NJP'd and has 2 months half month pay, you should pay for it.

Thread Information