Whats Your PT???
Create Post
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Whats Your PT???

Over the year that I've been around this site, as just a browser and then a user, I've noticed that there are people always wanting to know the best work out they can get, and with that everyone post there work out and the process continues over and over for many a threads. The search function is great but if we can get this thread as a sticky it would hopefully get rid of all those annoying threads!

What I would love from all you fellow Poolee's and Wannabe's is your PT! Your normal work outs, runs, and also how you increase your pull up's and crunches.

I've just finally been able to start a steady workout and sadly it wont last that long, once school start's I can start my old workout with lifting weights.

Monday's and Friday's I do IST's.

Tuesday's I work on upper body work out's. I always do 3 max sets of ever exercise I do.

Thursday's I do my core workout. Once again its 3 max sets of every exercise I do.

Wed's are my PFT days. I do my pull ups, go do my crunches, the I take 10-15 minutes and do alot of warming up and getting streched out. I go out run my 3 miles come back and do more streching so I dont get sore the next day. I normally will do another set of max pull up's after.

Saturday is what I call my free day. I will normally try to go out and just do something different. I sometimes bike, go help my friend's who own farms, or even lift weights. Im not much of a weight lifter in the summer.

Sunday's are my resting day. I just like to relax and enjoy my day.

PS: Everyday I do pull up's EXCEPT SUNDAY'S! When I have a poolee function coming up that week I dont run my PFT and I go a bit lighter on my work outs, but I still push myself. I will normally take that friday off and just rest up, and make sure im healthy for that saturday.

PSS: I use to be horrible at pull up's and I've finally found out a way to help me increase my pull up's. I make sure I do max sets every day. My pull up bar is right next to my computer, so I try to do 5-7 set's a day. I will do this for about 10 days. I then wont do a single pull up for about 3-4 days, giving my body some time to rest and to let my muscle's grow. I will then hit the bar after those days just to do a max set. I grow from 2-3 pull up's every time I do this. I've just started doing this program. I use to be constant 8-9 pull up's and decided I would try this. After my first round I went up to 13 pull up's. It was weird to be counting I hit 7 and was like WOW! Im not even extremely tired yet!!

PSSS: I use to have the highest crunch count at my RSS. I use to do 130 in the 2 minutes, and after wrestling season, they went to complete ****. I dont know how, or why, but they just decreased and now im trying to figure out a way to be able to increase them. My core work out is helping, but they are not increasing like I would like them to.

So, everyone post your workout's so those people who are wanting to get into better shape and look at this thread and get different idea's and wont have to make those annoying threads!!

Poolee Vogt

I like to do Pyramids for my pullups. 3 sets of up to 7 then back down. I do these every other day and if its the other day I do 4 to 5 sets of 15 pullups.
    Remember you also need to work out your Biceps as well to be better with your pullups.

I would post my whole workout but im to lazy.

But will say that I run everyday, some days more or less. But I make sure i run everyday.

And yes you need a day to rest. Which is Sunday for me as well.

Yeah, when school starts I have a class called Advance Conditioning. I do alot of curling and lat downs, and also use the pull up assist machine, but I ALWAYS start my workout's after doing 2 sets of max pull ups. This way im a little bit tired. My pushup's are embarrasing, but they are slowly rising. My goals by the end of school are 25 pull ups, 120 crunches, <22 minute 3 mile, and 100 pushup's. Shouldn't be that hard!

I hope it isn't that hard to increase pull ups that much. I leave in January and I want to get my pull ups at least above 32; but it just seems like i have hit a plateau. I know I need to change up my workout. But honestly I really don't know how to up my pull ups that much.

Well, lets put it this way, dont do the same thing every day. I try to do a work out for a week, then switch it up, that way your body isn't getting use to it and you wont up with plateauing. If you can, weight rooms offer so many different ways to work those muscles you wont have much of a problem. Last year I joined wrestling hoping to get into better shape. I did, but my pull ups and crunches went down. I was working out alot less and just did practice. Hopefully I will be able to get into a good workout routine. I dont plan on doing much sports, if any. I am really wanting to focus on this and hopefully, if by christmas time, Im doing over 20 pull ups and 100+ crunches, I will get my contract changed to 03XX with the recon try out. But that's only if I dont be a lazy *** lol.

I have been in the gym since 16, I mean i know a lot of different exercises but it just seems hard ha. I dono lol i might just be being lazy.

I work out everyday and no I don't do the same thing everyday. ha i dono as long as I leave for RT with at least 30 pullups i know ill be above 32 by the time we do Ironman and our PFT's. I kinda forget at times that everyone will increase their scores at RT.

Not everyone does tho, like many of the new Marines who get back from boot camp say, the more effort you put into it, the more you'll get out of it, and im a firm believer in that.

True.... that's why I am going to put forth the most effort I can, and then some more.

Hell yeah! Company Honor Grad would be sick ****!

That it would. Curious do you have any referrals yet?

Had 3 and they all pussed out. A few more would of been mine, but they pussed out, so that makes 5? Saddest one was my friend who was super motivated, he made us all look like we could careless. Then he got a girlfriend.. and now.. he wants to go to college for something. I dont know what. It's so sad

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Had 3 and they all pussed out. A few more would of been mine, but they pussed out, so that makes 5? Saddest one was my friend who was super motivated, he made us all look like we could careless. Then he got a girlfriend.. and now.. he wants to go to college for something. I dont know what. It's so sad
    HAHHAHAHAH wow I am sorry. I have a girlfriend as well who wants to get married and stuff before I go in. But that is funny man. I mean if you wanna go then you will go. But i guess he didnt really want to be a Marine? Who knows, girls do the strangest things to guys.

Its pretty simple for me, I do max sets on pullups every day for 2 weeks then rest a week, for crunchs I do at least 100 a day, and I run about 2 miles everyday. Since I started doing my pullup routine setup by my recruiter, I went from 16 to 20 in 3 weeks, hopefully I'll be able to get a perfect IST by the time I leave for boot.

mon - run 3 miles, 25 flutter kicks, 2 min max effort crunches, max effort pull ups, max effort push ups x3

tues - break

wed - run 3 miles, 25 flutter kicks, 2 min max effort crunches, max effort pull ups, max effort push ups x3

thurs - break

friday - run 3 miles

sat - IST and recruiter work out (whatever they decide for that day)

sun - break

I just got back from PT with my recruiter. We ran 1 1/2. I got it in 9:45-10:00 not sure where it was. That was my best time so far

Thread Information