Taking to long?
Create Post

Thread: Taking to long?

Taking to long?

Hello Marines, i was hoping to get your opinion on something. I went to MEPS in April to DEP in, or so i thought. It turned out i needed to apply for a waiver concerning an anxiety issue i had when i was much much younger (im 19, had the issues when i was 7ish). Well the results came back and i had to get a medical consult done so my recruiter and i set an appointment in late June which was the first time available. The consult was done and the results sent into BUMed. Well that was about a month and three weeks ago, everytime i call my recruiter to ask if he's heard anything all he says is "oh well i havnt heard anything yet." So my question to you is, in your opinion is this taking to long to get back? Should I be worried about the results since its been almost 2 months with no word yet? Im also starting to think my recuiter is just pushing my situation aside because of the fact that enlistment numbers are up and they just dont need me. Any responses are greatly appreciated.

How about filling out the rest of your profile there so we know who we are talking to.

That's true, our elistment numbers are DOWN right now. they aren't scrambling for recruits like they were. There is also a thing called "boat spaces" that resurfaced which is bad for us first termers that want to re-up in our current MOS. But as for you? Lemme tell you that anything is possible. I enlisted when I was 24 because I thought school was more important but guess what? I'm going to school now too for FREE. It took me about 3 months just to get all my paperwork done because I had a slew of issues. Mostly legal...I got in but there is NO chance of me getting a good clearance. My point is that I fought tooth and nail to get in even after one recruiter gave up on me. I however, did NOT give up. I got in because of a tenacious will and burning desire to become a Marine. Impress them with test scores. blow that ASVAB score sky high and if you can't, get some college under your belt and save money. if you want this bad enough, you're going to get in. It took me forever but I didn't quit. Thanks to that attitude I can now proudly say "I'm a united States Marine."

BUMEDS can take a long time, I had to go through the process when I went back into the Corps. Just be patient, if it comes to the 2 month mark go and talk to your recruiter in person and make sure he did all the required paperwork.

PM NoRemorse... he's intimate with BuMED.

I had a BuMED waiver that started in September and did not get resolved until February...but like moto83 said, I didn't give up and here I am...posting on this site full of these fine Devil Dogs

Thread Information