In the winter, what do you wear on duty?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In the winter, what do you wear on duty?

Obviously in Hawaii it never gets cold enough for anything but charlies, but if you're on duty in the winter what do you wear? Alot of units are lucky and wear cammies for barracks/OOD duty. We're not.

Would it be Alphas? Or bravos with a Wooly Pully? Can you wear gloves? What kind? I've seen two different types of issued gloves, black leather and black like...neoprene type material.

It was a discussion we had today because alot of the 1st termers were sitting around bsing and then the topic of cold weather came up. Maybe its different in other places but our dutys sit outside in the elements. There wasn't even a window in the duty hut until like a week ago lol.

depends on what your command authorized achped.

the wollypully is nice... but you should wear the old paper-thin shirts 'cause it ruins the collar when you put chevrons in them... and wrinkles the hell out of the shirt... great thing about it is you can have the rank off the sleeves.

you should have service uniform gloves.. a nice padded leather glove

Every duty I ever had I was instructed to wear Cammies with the Duty belt and Cover. That was with the MAG HQ, Squadron Ready Room, and Barracks Duty.
    I did not ever see any other uniform worn even with the other units, but not to say it not Possible to wear anything else.

Umm...exactly what I was saying above. The wing and MLG side of this base never ever ever wear charlies except for uniform inspections.

Its only 3rd Regiment.

SSgt, you put the chevrons in the sweater now, not on the shirt.

You were service uniforms for duty?!?!?

How often do you have to stand duty?

We all get duty once a month so that would be a huge headache! We were cammies with duty belt and cover, as mentioned above.

Once or twice a month. And yes, service uniform C with garrison cover for duty...we're in a tropical storm right now and everyone on this island that belongs to 3rd regiment, OOD's, duty drivers, Barracks duty, everything is in chucks still.

Oh, and I love the 3rdMarDiv's policy of "Both Duty and ADNCO will be posted from 2200-0300 every day". and the "Sergeants will be duty NCO and corporals will be ADNCO Thursday through Monday." ****ing lance coolies can have duty Tuesday and Wednesday. Wow. There's not that many sergeants so they really get ****ed. Most have barracks duty 3 times a month and AOOD once a month.

Okay. Anyways. What do you wear on duty when its cold?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    SSgt, you put the chevrons in the sweater now, not on the shirt.
    Where in the sweater do you put the cheverons? Man when I get back in I hope to not look like an ass...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Okay. Anyways. What do you wear on duty when its cold?!?
    I believe if your in Chucks, either the wooley pulley or if its really crappy the All weather Coat with wooley pulley on.

If your in Cammies then your Field Coat and what ever under your cammies such as your Long johns, wooley pulley, etc. Gloves, etc.

We wore Service Bravo's with a wooley pulley back in BMP if we had to wear that uniform, other then that it was Cammies.

And the chevrons are about half an inch above from the shoulder seem on the little flappy thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's where I eye balled it from when I saw all the DI's wearing that annoying sweater. And they are also pointing inboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    We wore Service Bravo's with a wooley pulley back in BMP if we had to wear that uniform, other then that it was Cammies.

And the chevrons are about half an inch above from the shoulder seem on the little flappy thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's where I eye balled it from when I saw all the DI's wearing that annoying sweater. And they are also pointing inboard.
    I believe it's 1 inch.

the epaulets... the little who-yas on the shoulder like on your alphas jacket... that's where the rank for enlisted go now according to wiki...

that's... I guess to preserve our collars since officers need to wear them on their collar anyways... good thinking...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    who-yas
    I use this alot too - people look at me like "what are you talking about?".

And I got no clue what you wear when it's cold now but, I would guess it would be different from command to command.

The only time I ever had to pull duty outside was A School in Millington and, if memory serves me correctly, we pulled it in cammies with wooly pully and the little green duty belt.

barracks duty in chucks... that's interesting, but as 84 said... it's command to command.. OOD was in chucks after hours but cammies durring work hours... odd I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Define "Cold."
    When the 'juniors' seek shelter.

Thread Information