Devil Dog couple meritoriously promoted together
Create Post

Exclamation Devil Dog couple meritoriously promoted together

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. —

While some married couples no doubt spent their evenings bickering over taking out the trash or control of the TV remote, one set of newlyweds studied Marine Corps Knowledge and drill. On Aug. 3, 2009, the pair reaped the rewards of that dedication when they were meritoriously promoted from corporal to sergeant aboard Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Cpl. Larry B. Miller Jr., an electrician with Headquarters Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, and his wife, Cpl. Amanda N. Miller, a generator mechanic with Combat Logistics Battalion 2, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, were promoted by Maj. Gen. Paul E. Lefebvre, deputy commanding general, II Marine Expeditionary Force.

“You’re going to have a little more weight on your chevrons, but you’re going to have a little more weight on your shoulders as well,” said Lefebvre. “You have a commitment to the Marine Corps and you have a commitment to each other. I am honored to promote you two.”

The Millers’ careers have taken parallel paths, including a deployment to Iraq in 2008, and just after three years in the Marine Corps, promotions to sergeant.

“Being promoted together meant a lot because we helped each other. We practiced drill and studied knowledge,” Amanda Miller said. “Just put everything you have into your work and someone will notice.”

Larry Miller, who earlier in his career received a meritorious promotion to corporal, credited his wife his continued success.

“My wife’s support helped me get through everything and helped keep me out of trouble,” said the Memphis, Tenn. native. “I plan to retire from the Marine Corps, so this promotion means everything to me.”

For more information on the II Marine Expeditionary Force, visit the unit’s web site at www.iimefpublic.usmc.mil.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	090803-M-3612M-002.jpg‎
Views:	1931
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	7920  

Thread Information