Leaving August 24th. Have some final questions - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    you are right about that. Now is not really the time to make that kind of decision. I will let you know when I return. Thanks again .

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheWeak View Post
    I disagree, blanket statements like that simply don't work. It depends on what kind of person you are as to what will work for you. Personally I'm active duty and would have benefited more from going reserves and gone to college, its the kind of person I am, and my ability to learn is hampered. Some people like/need the rigidity and structure of active duty. It's all dependent. Heres one tidbit though....

You can switch from reserves to active duty, you can never go from active duty to reserves.

do you not think before you type?

at the end of your 4 year active contract you are in the reserves for 4 years....

"Blanket statements like that simply don't work."

"You can never go from active duty to reserves"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMarine View Post
    Any reasoning behind not waiting and going with your unit? Beyond just wanting to get in on the fight? Being a reservist myself and currently activated, I'm very glad i went with my unit instead of going sooner/later. These are of course the guys you are going to be working with once you return, why not deploy with them.

I'm glad i went reserves, being on active duty now waiting to ship overseas it fully supports my decision, I can't stand active duty. I used to think my I&I and Reserve Unit was screwed up to no end.....then i got activated and it makes my unit look like heaven on earth. You can definitely tell an active duty Marine from a reservist here. Not to mention all the Active duty guys get ****ed that you make more $ then them and constantly tell you how they should of gone reserves. Active duty is filled to the brim with BS and NO common sense. I could list more reasons but i don't think its relevant.
    So, you're activated now, and actually AT a REAL Marine Corps installation, or are you activated and still at an I&I?

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    So, you're activated now, and actually AT a REAL Marine Corps installation, or are you activated and still at an I&I?
    Lejeune.

I also want you to know CM that ILOK is training... it's not active duty. My former reserve unit went there and I was told it's retarded... it's not your typical active duty.

don't compare two things that you know nothing about.

now, if you did 4 years active then went to a reserve unit, or the other way around... I'd accept you statement about how you think AD is jacked up.

but let's be real... what do you really know?

Active duty is active duty. Bootcamp, MCT, MOS School, Vipers, etc...thats training. I have yet to "train" in ILOK save for Mojave Viper. I'm around active duty Marines/shops all day here i'm pretty sure I know jacked up from non jacked up and i've gotten a pretty darn good idea what an active duty Marine does. The majority of them fail to work with any common sense.

Sigh, i guess rock paper chevrons tells me i don't know jack ****. I'm done.

wow... I'm shocked that YOU think AD Marines are jacked... your atitude alone screams sh!t bird. A misunderstanding isn't reason for you to act like a child. You need to understand your not special... your comment about "rock paper chevrons" is infintile and only supports my point about you not knowing what you're talking about.

I'm glad your done... there are too many reservists out there who think they know better when their level of training is so substandard to AD... and I do know how substandard it is, seen both sides of the street.

and yes spell check failed me on train... I blame firefox.

grow up.

I didn't want to mess with this thread cuz I saw where it was going... And it has arrived...

Thread Information