Hello all I leave August 24th. I have a few last questions
Create Post

Hello all I leave August 24th. I have a few last questions

I am reserved as a 0331 Machine Gunner. My goal in joining the Corps is to fight for my country, Can I better obtain this goal by being a 0311? Also I have been told that I can volunteer for Deployment can I do this out of my MOS school? Thank you all in advance I look forward to being part of the Marines and also a part of this community

You will get no replies until you completely fill out your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner614 View Post
    You will get no replies until you completely fill out your profile.

My apologies, fixed it.

Whether you choose to be a machine gunner or a rifleman you are still going to fight for your country on the front lines. As for the deployment question, you are better off posting it in the Ask A Marine section. Better yet, do a search of your question first.

I like the search function idea alot more.

already did, did not find my question specifically answered.

I am looking for the opinion of someone who has served in a direct combat role in one of these MOS's. I have read a couple older threads on the Machine Gunner subject but I am not sure if anything has changed since Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dunn2517 View Post
    I am looking for the opinion of someone who has served in a direct combat role in one of these MOS's. I have read a couple older threads on the Machine Gunner subject but I am not sure if anything has changed since Jan 2008
    If you're looking for some advice from actual Marines, you aren't going to get it here, only poolees and moderators can post in here. This question would be better suited for the Ask a Marine forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegz View Post
    If you're looking for some advice from actual Marines, you aren't going to get it here, only poolees and moderators can post in here. This question would be better suited for the Ask a Marine forum.

good to know still new to the forum so thanks Poolies hope I get to know some of you in the coming months.

Better yet, have you asked your recruiter? I bet he'll give you a straight direct answer. Only a phone call away.

I would like the opinion of someone who was actually in these MOS's, They can give me a lot of info but not as good as the actual Marines doing the job. Also on the deployment issue they are not Reserved so they again are not in the same boat as me.

Quote Originally Posted by dunn2517 View Post
    I would like the opinion of someone who was actually in these MOS's, They can give me a lot of info but not as good as the actual Marines doing the job. Also on the deployment issue they are not Reserved so they again are not in the same boat as me.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Recruiter's can be a wealth of knowledge, and if they don't know the answer your specific question, then they probably know somebody who does. If you haven't asked, at least try, and again the Ask a Marine forum would be better suited for that question.

Good luck

+1 I agree strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Recruiter's can be a wealth of knowledge, and if they don't know the answer your specific question, then they probably know somebody who does. If you haven't asked, at least try, and again the Ask a Marine forum would be better suited for that question.

Good luck

Thread Information