"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    yeah, I figured that you're in the reserves. They should date it up to the end of your contract (10 more months), I think they are wasting everyones time by not knowing that you need that up current until the board sees it, not just to do the paperwork.

if you can have the date requested on there then put it up until the ECC date. then send it up. Make sure you explain to them why you need it to be so far out.

I hade a 368 that expired and they kicked my package back the day of the board. Not nice for me.

Also he said that i could get into AR in a month if i wanted to go that route. what is your point of view on AR vs Active. pros cons?

AR v. AD

Quote Originally Posted by Scubadvr1999 View Post
    Also he said that i could get into AR in a month if i wanted to go that route. what is your point of view on AR vs Active. pros cons?
    My last duty station was I & I and we had some AR Marines in the unit. It seemed like they were always complaining about promotions being slower for them. I remember it took this one SSgt forever to pick up Gunny due to the fact that he was AR and thus promotions were fewer.

There are limited billets for each rank, so even though you are on the other side of the country, some Sgt who waits for his 12 year mark to finally get out will prevent you from getting promoted.

it's a good stepping stone for you if you plan to go Active Duty eventually. But it's hard to make it a career like flyby has made that point clear.

That was going to be my next question. If I did go AR now, how hard would it be to go to EOD after that. Since i would have to be school trained to go AR (whatever mos would be the best) would I be alowed to lat move after say a year?

you should be able to go AR as your current MOS. I don't know how many EOD billets they have but that's up to the AR monitor.

the monitor section is hidden behind a secure internet connection requiring a CAC card, but the phone number on the right should get you in contact with the AR monitor some how.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

they can (should/maybe) tell you if you could go EOD right from the get go or not.

Hey Petz, you ever get that package in ?

reserve to active

Hey has anybody herd anything about reservists still on contract going active?

yeah, that was me. I had AD time, but I was still on contract.

I want 0311 and I am prior service.

I have read all the prior threads on getting back in and still have a few questions. Is infantry impossible to return to? I spoke to my prior service recruiter about my specifics and he said he didnt foresee any problems. But from what I have read on this forum they make prior service Marines jump through hoops.

I know every situation is different, however can anyone tell me exactly what my package needs to contain to be considered for re enlistment. Also if my area recruiter is gaffing me off, who do I need to address the situation with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Semper Fi.

well, you say prior service recruiter like you're going into the reserves, is that correct?

As long as you have a Infantry unit near you it's a matter of getting your PSEP package together and signed off by your future command and it going up to MMEA-6 for approval. As a Sgt it should be a bit quicker, but you'll need to order your OMPF & MBS as well as have your DD-214 (all of them if you have more than one). Get those together and you should be able to get this done pretty quickly.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    yeah, that was me. I had AD time, but I was still on contract.
    Still confused.

You HAD AD time.

OK.

... but still on cotract.

Was that IRR?

Were you receiving a paycheck?

Are you now back on AD?

4 years AD, 4.5 Years in the reserves both IRR and SMCR (select Marine Corps reserve, or drilling reserve) then as of spet 11th I reenlisted back onto Active Duty. I hope that finally clears things up Al.

Credits
    Savings
    I see.

Where do they have you stationed now?

Thread Information