"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 15
Create Post
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    I think Im giving up, **** it. Im taking that crop dusting seat instead.
    Damn bro that sucks, things not working out on the reenlisment process. I was under the assumption it was pretty easy for a Sgt below to get into the reserves currently. Sorry to hear it bro, don't give up just quite yet man, give it a few more months. Semper

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Damn bro that sucks, things not working out on the reenlisment process. I was under the assumption it was pretty easy for a Sgt below to get into the reserves currently. Sorry to hear it bro, don't give up just quite yet man, give it a few more months. Semper

Yeah it's definitely a pain right now. I'm still optimistic, but I'm still looking clear out to possibly September, and I still haven't even gone to MEPS yet. I'm just hoping after as much work and effort I'm putting into it, that they don't turn around this time next year and say NO, but thanks for trying anyway!

Anyone have any new scoop on reenlistments now? Have they changed anything thing for the new fiscal year? Anyone have any propblems?

i picked up E-5 in the irr, now if i went back as reserves do i keep the e-5 rank from irr or go back in as a cpl as when i eas......thanks

the IRR is the reserves, so you'd keep it. Even if you wanted to get back into AD you'd keep that rank.

Re-3p

hello all, I am not a Marine but did go to boot camp at Parris Island for 5 months, I got a RE-3P discharge, what kind of waiver would I need to get back in, I was discharged in 2006, i am ashamed of myself for not being able to walk across the parade deck with my platoon, I want to go back and earn my EGA

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen View Post
    hello all, I am not a Marine but did go to boot camp at Parris Island for 5 months, I got a RE-3P discharge, what kind of waiver would I need to get back in, I was discharged in 2006, i am ashamed of myself for not being able to walk across the parade deck with my platoon, I want to go back and earn my EGA

If you did not graduate from boot camp, you cannot claim you are a Marine. Contact one of the mods to change your status to Marine Friend. jinelson or thedrifter.

Question Beginning the Process

I have started the process of getting back into Active Duty. All of my paperwork has been filled out and submitted. I am awaiting my trip to MEPS for my physical and my PFT which has to be monitored by an officer. Both of those I am not too worried about and the recruiters that are helping me seem like they are giving me the help I need despite them not getting a quota for me. My question comes to after I swear in. After I swear in at MEPS, I understand that I am back in, but will I leave immediately to my Duty station after that? It seems like it would be difficult to arrange TMO for that, and I do have stuff to move. It also seems like it would make housing difficult as base housing generally has a waiting list and therefore, how much time will I have to apply for base housing? Better yet, how much time will I have once I find out where I am going, or when exactly will I find out when I am going. My recruiters don't know a whole lot about some of this stuff, mainly because they have never had to work with a prior service Marine, and I know they weren't even entirely sure of all the necessary paperwork that needed to be completed at first. Either way, I want back in, I am just worried that the process isn't going to go by very smooth and I want to be as ready as possible for anything that will be coming my way and not have to surprise my wife with anything crazy. Thank you for all of your help!

Markmil2002,

Unfortunately I cannot offer any advice pertaining to your situation. However, I could possibly see myself in your shoes a couple years from now if the employment situation is looking dismal. Please keep us updated!

I wonder if you fine gentlemen could give me some information. I just got my reenlistment code changed from a 4 to a 3P. HQMC admitted to making a mistake which doesn't happen often. I would like to reenlist and I have talked to a prior service recruiter on the phone. He took my information and said he would call me back.

Is there anything that I need to do to speed the process along? My MOS was 03, I finished ITB but was injured and discharged before I could get to a unit. I would like to change my MOS also, will I have to retake the ASVAB?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by RufMarine View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I think we were at MCRD together. I was in platoon 2106 if memory serves, and graduated the same day. Why do you want to go back after so long?

Quote Originally Posted by samthomas View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I think we were at MCRD together. I was in platoon 2106 if memory serves, and graduated the same day. Why do you want to go back after so long?

We probably did, we were in the same Company, Echo plt 2110 grad sep 5.

Honestly, I miss it. I know it sounds stupid but I do miss the atmosphere, plus I feel that I missed many opportunities that were put in front of me when I got hurt . Believe me, its not for the money, i'm a firefighter and a baker now and I enjoy my jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by RufMarine View Post
    I wonder if you fine gentlemen could give me some information. I just got my reenlistment code changed from a 4 to a 3P. HQMC admitted to making a mistake which doesn't happen often. I would like to reenlist and I have talked to a prior service recruiter on the phone. He took my information and said he would call me back.

Is there anything that I need to do to speed the process along? My MOS was 03, I finished ITB but was injured and discharged before I could get to a unit. I would like to change my MOS also, will I have to retake the ASVAB?

Ill give you 10 bucks if he calls you back with info you want to hear, thats IF he even calls you back.

Hate to burst your bubble but without a a RE 1A or A its going to be tuff. Been working this myself for a while, all I want is just to get in the reserves, I got out of AD with re:1A and lets see here, look at my join date on this website and thats the month I started my process! Good luck man!

It's all about being on or off contract. If you're in the IRR after release from active duty, re-enlisting or switching to the SMCR from the IRR is easy as hell. When you transfer from the IRR to the 1st Civ Div, that's when things get complicated. I'm pretty sure at that point, you need to go through MEPS and execute the entire enlistment process over again.

IF you can even get into MEPS. You have to get a BUMED waiver to get into MEPS if you have an RE-3P. The RE-3P is viewed as a pre-DQ and MEPS won't even let you get a physical. I found that out after 3 months or so dealing with a PSR

Thread Information