"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 13
Create Post
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    Twitch.... just got some new motivating word, you can get a waiver for a RE-3p since you're a PSEP. Good job. I was wrong before. Now if you don't get the waiver then you'll need to upgrade your stuff, so go get to work on the waiver process with your PSR/Recruiter.

EDIT: this waiver thing applies for AD as well.

Hey Ssgt. Did someone tell you this, or did you read it? I'm just trying to find some sort of order or something to get on paper for the recruiters to believe. Like I said, I can't find were I read that. SF

I got the word from my current boss who's an NCOIC of where I'm working, he's a career recruiter and has been doing this for the last 6 years. I CAN ask him what the order is but it's more organizational stuff. Recruiters have a MCBUL they work off of, I don't know where that is.

So you're saying the recruiters are saying no way? talk to the NCOIC of the RSS.

I got the word from my current boss who's an NCOIC of where I'm working, he's a career recruiter and has been doing this for the last 6 years. I CAN ask him what the order is but it's more organizational stuff. Recruiters have a MCBUL they work off of, I don't know where that is.

So you're saying the recruiters are saying no way? talk to the NCOIC of the RSS.

I haven't asked them yet. I just have a feeling that they will. But we'll see. I only wanted it with me so if they did say no way, I could show it to them. No big deal though.

there's no reason for them to say no unless the're lazy.

so you know, they can start putting your package together BEFORE Jan 1st, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also those two recruiting offices fall under the same boss. One is the RSS while the other is a PCS, the PCS is a satellite station so that SSgt will see you again more than likely.

They won't want to work you because it's extra paperwork, if they don't want to then call the RS because they have quotas for PSEPers, the sooner you can get your package started the better the chances you actually GET one of those spots Jan 1st. (they will be there but will be limited)

You won't have to take the asvab again unless you don't qualify for any of the jobs that end up being available Jan 1st. Your wife will just have to sign one doc, it's the statement of understanding (SOU) that you will be deployed anywhere around the world whenever the Corps wants you to. He's really trying to make you not push to get this started now. I know of 3 PSEPers who have their packages being worked at the RSS level right now.
    I'm pretty sure he didnt want to work with me, but this was at the RSS station I believe because it was much bigger then the other station. What is the RS? Other then the SSgt I talked to there was just one other recruiter there. I wish he could have atleast give me some forms to fill to start filling out. He just kept playing on his iPhone, and replaced his worn chevron on his tank jacket.

You're under the 4th District, right? I can't even bring up the RS commands there.

Maybe it's just my connection.

I'm sorry, I do not know what district I am in. Send me a link and maybe I can try?

http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/4MCDHome.asp

I'm going off you having Williamsburg, VA in your profile.

You're under RS Richmond if that's the case.

You can find the command's website and map at http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/RS/RSRichmond/Default3.asp

Took awhile but it eventually came up for me. Got the number to the Richmond recruiting station. I'll give these guys a call today and see what they say. Thanks for 411 bro!

No prob, we're hoping to hear good news for you.

So what's the gauge on IRR Marines going AR right now? Is it a problem to re-enlist into the AR for us? (Been out for a little over a year, 25 years old.)

Is it better for me to get up with a PSR or hit up a local recruiter?

the PSR is the guy you want to talk to unless you want to go AD then you go talk to a local recruiter.

I would have had their number but I think you can hit one of the guys at battle creek up instead of selfridge.

Just got a call from a PSR at Selfridge...we'll see what he has to say. S/F

Called up to the RS, the Sgt was cool but pretty much gave me the number back down to one of the recruiting offices around here, just a little further away. I called but the PFC said the SSgt was out for about an hour.

Where should my package be now?

I have been trying to get back in the Marines for over a year now. I submitted my package in April 2009 and was told that it went up to HQ. In August or September I was told that the Marines would not be accepting anymore PSEP’s until Jan 2010. My recruiter told me that I was one of five packages at HQ at the time. My question is, will I have to resubmit my package again or will it still be at HQ. I know I will have to do part of the MEPS stuff again since it has been more that 30 days. What should I do?

Thread Information