"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 12
Create Post
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanslergf View Post
    I am OFF contract and my eventual goal is to be back on Active Duty but i know it is full right now and closed till January. A few months ago a PSR said i could go AR, but i needed to take care of an issue first. Now i am all squared away and called back to the PSR and found out he is retiring this month. I spoke with his boss about my situation and he said since i am off contract I can't go straight in to AR, i can only go in the regular reserves. He mentioned something about "drilling out", also mentioned needed a CO recommendation letter? He really confused me, does any of this sound familiar?

He sounded really eager to help and gave me all his contact info. He said he would call me back after calling another recuiter. I'm excited to start the process but also confused!

they are starting the PSEP packages for AD right now! go find a local RECRUITER to start it so when Jan comes around they just have to submit it. I would say go today and they'll start working you.

worse case, they give your package to the PSR and you'll have practically everything he needs done already.

Anyways, AR is slow promoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchell View Post
    Awesome! I'm assuming if he's willing, a non PS Recruiter could help me with it? He just couldn't actually put me through MEPS and what not right? It's just that I'm 250 miles away from the PSR in Utah, and there is a non PSR right here in Cedar City. And that PSR is the same one that was feeding me all of the BS before. I think it's allot easier to turn people away over the phone than it is in person. I'm just hoping that I can get the waiver possibly before I talk to him.
    I think a normal recruiter is capable of putting you into the reserves, but you'd have to ask them. If you're still in the IRR I'd say no.

I have the way to request your OMPF somewhere in the VA forums or earlier in this thread. that's the easiest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    I think a normal recruiter is capable of putting you into the reserves, but you'd have to ask them. If you're still in the IRR I'd say no.

I have the way to request your OMPF somewhere in the VA forums or earlier in this thread. that's the easiest way.
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74872

Or:

How to request your Official Military Personnel File(OMPF)...

Active duty Regular or Reserve component Marines with valid “.MIL” email accounts that are currently under contract, provide the required information (see below) and send your email inquiries from your official military email account to smb.manpower.mmsb@usmc.mil . You must fax, scan, or mail your signed request if a “.MIL” email account is not available to:
    Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps (MMSB-10)
    2008 Elliot Road
    Quantico,Virginia, 22134-5030

Fax: DSN 278-5792 / 3900, COMM 703-784-5792 / 3900

A Records Request Form located in the Forms Section is available if you are required to fax, scan, or mail your request for records. OMPF/MBS mailed to an address other than your unit or home mailing address shown in MCTFS, must be faxed, scanned, or mailed and contain YOUR SIGNATURE.

Required Information
    - Full name
    - Social Security Number
    - Complete unit or home mailing address. If providing a unit address, include
    one of the following: PO Box #, Box #, PSC Box #, Unit #, or street # and street name.

Specify if you want a copy of your:
    - OMPF
    - MBS
    - **Reporting Senior Profile
    - **Reviewing Officer Profile

** MMSB will provide a copy of the RS or RO Profile to the RS or RO only

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

There is a proper proceedure listed you need to fill out, SIGN and fax or Mail, I would mail it certified to make sure it gets there. Took me 2 weeks to get and its all on a CD, make sure you copy the CD as backup.

That would be awesome if I could just go through the recruiter here. I just thought it was a Prior Service going AD could go through a regular Recruiter, and going into Reserves had to go through a PSR. But I will check to make sure and let you guys know.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

There is a proper proceedure listed you need to fill out, SIGN and fax or Mail, I would mail it certified to make sure it gets there. Took me 2 weeks to get and its all on a CD, make sure you copy the CD as backup.

I think that is the same thing I already requested, but all I asked for is my Full Service record. I got the Signature verification about 3-4 days ago by email. But the National Records department said they didn't have my records so they forwarded it to HQMC. I guess I'll wait and see what they send me. If they just send me a copy of my DD-214 I'll be very upset. Oh well.... I guess we'll see.

Thanks for all of your replies Devils!

They list a 1-800 number if you need to talk to them to make sure your getting what you requested, no sense in waisting weeks of your time if you could just call them on their dime..lol

Lol.... awesome! I didn't even see that. Good call Cpl. Man I feel like an idiot sometimes.

I just called em but they're closed. I'll have to call them tommarow!

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    they are starting the PSEP packages for AD right now! go find a local RECRUITER to start it so when Jan comes around they just have to submit it. I would say go today and they'll start working you.

worse case, they give your package to the PSR and you'll have practically everything he needs done already.

Anyways, AR is slow promoting.
    G'Afternoon Gents!

So today at lunch I went to the nearest recruiting office (two in the area). Walked in and went straight to the SSGT on his iPhone. I introduced myself and my situation. He said I would have to come back after January 1st to start my package. His rereasoning being that MEPS will not want to do a phyical on me till after January 1st when they know if there are slots open or not. He wasn't to enthused to be talking to me as I expected. He also asked if I was married, which I am, and said they she would have to sign forms as well. He aslo said I might have to take another ASVAB test. He was pretty short with me. I told him I'd see him bright and early January 1st, not thinking its new years lol, but he did say ok!
    So after leaving that office, I went to the other recuiting office but the recruiter was out so I left him a VM message.

Nice doubletap brother but make sure you follow up with someone else to verify that scoop.

SSgt P also suggested to me to call ahead and set up an appointment. Might make for a nice sit down that way.

I was trying to verify it by going to the other office but he wasn't there, but I got his card. Hopefully he calls me back or I am going back there Monday. I aint giving up.

call call call first. I don't know how many times I've gone to the office and they were out to a function or an appointment or at MEPS or wherever.

Regardless, good luck with the process.

I was trying to verify it by going to the other office but he wasn't there, but I got his card. Hopefully he calls me back or I am going back there Monday. I aint giving up.
    Search SSGT Gordon on this site, look for his number and talk with him, he is a current **** hot PSR and will answer any questions you have. Also GYC on this site is a recruiter, but I have not seen him on lately.

G'Afternoon Gents!

So today at lunch I went to the nearest recruiting office (two in the area). Walked in and went straight to the SSGT on his iPhone. I introduced myself and my situation. He said I would have to come back after January 1st to start my package. His rereasoning being that MEPS will not want to do a phyical on me till after January 1st when they know if there are slots open or not. He wasn't to enthused to be talking to me as I expected. He also asked if I was married, which I am, and said they she would have to sign forms as well. He aslo said I might have to take another ASVAB test. He was pretty short with me. I told him I'd see him bright and early January 1st, not thinking its new years lol, but he did say ok!
    So after leaving that office, I went to the other recuiting office but the recruiter was out so I left him a VM message.

so you know, they can start putting your package together BEFORE Jan 1st, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also those two recruiting offices fall under the same boss. One is the RSS while the other is a PCS, the PCS is a satellite station so that SSgt will see you again more than likely.

They won't want to work you because it's extra paperwork, if they don't want to then call the RS because they have quotas for PSEPers, the sooner you can get your package started the better the chances you actually GET one of those spots Jan 1st. (they will be there but will be limited)

You won't have to take the asvab again unless you don't qualify for any of the jobs that end up being available Jan 1st. Your wife will just have to sign one doc, it's the statement of understanding (SOU) that you will be deployed anywhere around the world whenever the Corps wants you to. He's really trying to make you not push to get this started now. I know of 3 PSEPers who have their packages being worked at the RSS level right now.

Petz, are priors going back into Reserves considered PSEP?

Do we have to have our wifes sign that SOU form? I haven't had that form signed yet, if so, I guess I'll expect a kickback of my package.

I can only speak on going from IRR to reserves.

if you're in the IRR, it's not called PSEP.

If you're off contract going into the reseves then yes it would be considered PSEP but your process will take you to a different place than guys going AD. As for the wife SOU, I don't think that's a problem as I'm not sure they need to do that. AD will go somewhere in a heartbeat where as reserves was never intended for worldwide deployment the next day.

Thread Information