"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 23
Create Post
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Pretty post. I just found your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your posts.In any case I'll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon

coach outletCoCo Chanel

Wanting back in the Corps!

So I tried returning to the Marine Corps, 2010, but my recruiter didn't submit anything until May, which meant that nothing was available for me. I got ****ed, waited even longer, and a year later, I ended up joining the Army Reserves. I have only been in the Army reserves for a few months, and I hate it. I have never been so disgusted! I found a recruiter willing to get me back to the Corps, 6 hours drive though, but he's willing to work with me. I know the reserves has a conditional release form, but is there any hope for me getting back in, or do you think I am just wasting my time?

For those trying to get back into Active Duty, the best option is the Active Reserve (AR) Program. This program is designed to bring you back to an active duty status, allows you to PCS after 3-4 yrs and gives you the opportunity to retire after 20 yrs. Those in the IRR/SMCR/soon-to-be EAS-ing are the target population for the AR program. Must meet ALL requirements for reenlistment. If you fall in this category you need to contact a prior service recruiter. Feel free to email me at: mario.p.cruz1@usmc.mil if you need further assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by vpmarine View Post
    For those trying to get back into Active Duty, the best option is the Active Reserve (AR) Program. This program is designed to bring you back to an active duty status, allows you to PCS after 3-4 yrs and gives you the opportunity to retire after 20 yrs. Those in the IRR/SMCR/soon-to-be EAS-ing are the target population for the AR program. Must meet ALL requirements for reenlistment. If you fall in this category you need to contact a prior service recruiter. Feel free to email me at: mario.p.cruz1@usmc.mil if you need further assistance.

I sent this message to your email address listed above, but figured I would post it here as well to see which one gets a response first. Here is the message I sent to your emai:

I am currently in the SMCR and I am prior service all Marine Corps. I am getting ready to call my PSR next week to see what my options are for the AR Program. Maybe you can give me some answers. I have 4 years active under my belt, I am a Sgt., and just recently went back into the SMCR back in June of this year.

I am schedule to go to LAV Crewman School to LAT move into the 0313 field from 0311 this coming Oct. Does this affect me getting into the AR Program, what options do I have, odds of getting in, etc.. Any advice or information you have is appreciated.

I was discharged with a RE-3P after compleating C school for air frams. But my discharge was admin non medical after serving 15 months active. the prior enlisted recruter cant help me, the va wont help me, and meps wont help me with getting a wavor for it... I was just one of those marines who wasnt treated for PFS by my navy doc and got discharged. I really want back in and have no blemishes on my srb but a loa from the xo but it seems no one cares to help.

PFS?

Regardless, if you've hit all those marks...then realistically you may just be done. RE codes are literally impossible to change if they were issued CORRECTLY. In other words, if whatever it was caused you to be discharged, and it was correct for the time, then HQMC will NOT change the RE code. They do change them but only if it was issued 'in error'. Whatever it is may not even be waiverable.

Your options at this point are to try another branch if possible...or basically realize you still tried and did what you could, and move on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by LcplGammons View Post
    I was discharged with a RE-3P after compleating C school for air frams. But my discharge was admin non medical after serving 15 months active. the prior enlisted recruter cant help me, the va wont help me, and meps wont help me with getting a wavor for it... I was just one of those marines who wasnt treated for PFS by my navy doc and got discharged. I really want back in and have no blemishes on my srb but a loa from the xo but it seems no one cares to help.
    Sad to say but it's over. I'm caught in the same vicious circle too. Need a waiver from BUMED and need a MEPS physical. Can't get into MEPS without a BUMED waiver. I gave it a go for a while, but some walls can't be breached.

Quote Originally Posted by LcplGammons View Post
    There isn't a Marine recruiter that is going to touch that package and if they did, MEPS would turn it down in a blink. My beloved Marine Corps is kicking out healthy Marines daily, a 3P doesn't stand a chance.

If you still want to serve, I would suggest the Army/Army reserve/National Guard. Their recruiters will at least try to work with you to get your needed waiver, i'm in the process right now.

Make sure you have ALL of your records, medical, SRB, any, and everything. Be prepared to go to your doctor multiple times for x-rays, exams, etc. Make sure you get a signed letter from your doctor stating that you are fit for duty, make sure its in regards to your injured area only, it has to be specific. Write a detailed letter stating how you were injured in the military as well as steps you have taken to get well. Make sure you are 100% injury free.

Good luck to you.

Swing and a Miss

Quote Originally Posted by vpmarine View Post
    I took your advice, despite the fact that my preference is Active Duty. I have called prior service recruiters in three different states, and I can't even get them to call me back, or even answer a phone. One prior service recruiter spoke with a friend of mine, told him he could help me, but he avoids me. I believe part of the reason is because I am in the Army Reserves now, could that be the case, or am I just dealing with lazy recruiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    post your questions here for answers.
    are they letting prior service in? my PSR told me that my dui wouldn't be an issue since i could pay off the fine pretty quick after i got back in. that was months ago and now i haven't heard from him.

do i have to pay off my fine before i can get in? works really hard to come by and even harder to pay off a fine with the little stuff i do find. that's one of the reasons i want to get back in. not the only reason though. i really miss being in the corps.

civilians just don't get me. you can't even joke around with 'em they get all bent out of shape about everything

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMcCrory View Post
    are they letting prior service in? my PSR told me that my dui wouldn't be an issue since i could pay off the fine pretty quick after i got back in. that was months ago and now i haven't heard from him.

do i have to pay off my fine before i can get in? works really hard to come by and even harder to pay off a fine with the little stuff i do find. that's one of the reasons i want to get back in. not the only reason though. i really miss being in the corps.

civilians just don't get me. you can't even joke around with 'em they get all bent out of shape about everything
    Prior service cannot be processed between October 1 and December 31st, basically 1st quarter of the fiscal year. I read that on Marines.mil

Is it possible to re-enlist back into the IRR after being discharged from the IRR? I was discharged from the IRR in 2010. I have an RE code of 3p from having surgery on my left knee less than 45 days from my eas and being on crutches while checking out. My CO decided that was better than putting me on medical hold (some guys were on medical hold for years!) I'm currently on 40% from the VA from the knee surgery as well as surgeries that I had while in service. Is it possible?

Highly unlikely with 40 percent. Furthermore, you'd have to give that up...ALL of it. A long, difficult process to do (it CAN be done but it's going to take years, literally...and once gone, it's gone...forever....).

You'd have to pass full physicals and take a PT test where you basically scored a 1st class.....

Quote Originally Posted by RufMarine View Post
    There isn't a Marine recruiter that is going to touch that package and if they did, MEPS would turn it down in a blink. My beloved Marine Corps is kicking out healthy Marines daily, a 3P doesn't stand a chance.

If you still want to serve, I would suggest the Army/Army reserve/National Guard. Their recruiters will at least try to work with you to get your needed waiver, i'm in the process right now.

Make sure you have ALL of your records, medical, SRB, any, and everything. Be prepared to go to your doctor multiple times for x-rays, exams, etc. Make sure you get a signed letter from your doctor stating that you are fit for duty, make sure its in regards to your injured area only, it has to be specific. Write a detailed letter stating how you were injured in the military as well as steps you have taken to get well. Make sure you are 100% injury free.

Good luck to you.
    It's true but it's a shame! army recruiters will try to work with you but marine corps prs won't bother returning your calls

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMcCrory View Post
    It's true but it's a shame! army recruiters will try to work with you but marine corps prs won't bother returning your calls
    I just reenlisted into the Army Reserves Thursday. The Army recruiter went out of his way and pulled many strings to get me enlisted and it still took months of me running around and such. I think the one difference is that my recruiter was a Career Counselor instead of just a regular recruiter, his job is to get people back into the military, that is his incentive. It was strange having a recruiter actually call me back lol.

I'm very sad that I was not able to reenlist in my beloved Marine Corps but "once a Marine, always a Marine" still rings true.

One thing that I did note at MEPS was that the Marines had no prior service applicants at all, compared to the other branches who had many. That leaves me to believe that the Marine Corps is not accepting prior service at this time or in the near future.

Keep trying gents, all you need is a recruiter willing and wanting to get you reenlisted, I know its a long shot and it will take time but it can be done.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information