"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    they should have given you a Pg 11 counseling about it and you should have walked away understanding your prospects.

are you sure you didn't want the easy way out they offered to you?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw2876 View Post
    I had a foot problem b4 enlisting, had it waived, never bothered me till weeks into SOI, after sitting around waiting for SOI to actually begin, (got there Jan 1st, company didnt start training till around the 14th) Really have no idea what it means to this day.
    Means you either took a walk or just sat there while the process started.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    they should have given you a Pg 11 counseling about it and you should have walked away understanding your prospects.

are you sure you didn't want the easy way out they offered to you?
    At 18-19 I probably was just confused by the whole process. Well according to my RE-3P code, I would need a COMNAVCRUITCOM WAIVER

Quote Originally Posted by mjw2876 View Post
    At 18-19 I probably was just confused by the whole process. Well according to my RE-3P code, I would need a COMNAVCRUITCOM WAIVER
    I went through the whole process a couple years into Active Duty. Not only was I assigned the wrong RE Code (RE-3C for a phys. disability), I was never counseled about it with a page 11 entry. There never was a page 11 entry either. A lot of things were not explained to me at the time, and I didn't know or was confused by everything.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im a 26yr old prior service guy looking to get back in active duty. I got out in 05 as a Cpl with an RE-1A reenlistment code. Im already past my IRR time. My MOS was 0811 but I would REALLY like to do something else. Can anybody tell me the course of action I should take at this time or the # of good prior service recruiter who will shoot me straight. As much info as I can get would be great as I am serious about this. Thanks for your time guys I appreciate it.

prior service recruiters are for reserves, if you want active duty goto your local recruiting office and tell them you want to get your package ready for Jan '10.

Has anyone herd any new news about trying to active from reserve, other than just wait?

um, sorry. not really.

I'll try to ask and find out for you, but I think it's all the same as being PSEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    reconstructed age of 35 for Prior Service. but I think that requires a waiver.

I picked that info up from one of the OCS bubbas in another thread.
    As far as reserves go coming in as a prior service with no contract:
    Reconstructed age of 32 or less requires an off contract waiver,The max cutoff is 35 years constructed and this requires the off contract waiver,and a physical to determine eligibility as well as a passing PFT before the package is submitted for re-enlistment.Over 35 (I believe) requires a CMC waiver for age.I will try and find the copy I have of the prior service recruiter's checklist,It lists all the requirements for re-enlistment in the reserves for each case by RE code and rank and age.

but we're talking about active duty not reserves in that case you quoted.

I appreciate the more specific gouge though.

Credits
    Savings
    A friendly reminder.

At this point your package should be sitting on the recruiter's desk and ready to submit for those Sgt and below who's seeking to get back in. Don't procrastinate!

Quote Originally Posted by psyclopsus View Post
    I have 2 kids. I am not the custodial parent (they do not live with me.) I am not married nor have I ever been married. I pay child support and have never been behind on payments. The kids' mother will go spastic-insane when she finds out I'm trying to re-enlist.

Can she prevent me from going back in? Is there some paperwork that she absolutely MUST sign that she could simply refuse to sign and therefore totally fvck me over?
    no she can do nothing that deals with your career. you are in the clear... she cant sign chit that deals with your Marine Corps career

I wish it was as easy as just having it on the recruiters desk ready for them to turn it. I am about to put in for my 3rd conditional release from the reserves because they keep expiring. It takes almost 3 months from the time you submit them to receive them back and they are only good for 3 months after that.
    On another note, i talked to a PS recruiter the other day that said that its only going to be open for senior sgt and ssgt in jan, and they wont accept sgts and below til the middle of 2010. only word of mouth but if its true its bs. Ive been trying to get into EOD for over 2 years now, all the paperworks done, now just waiting til the usmc decides that it wants to let ppl do a job that no one else does. makes no sense.

the official word is Sgts and below jan '10.

if it's word of mouth there is probably some truth to it, but SSgts can PSEP year round per the order.

and a Prior Service recruiter is for the reserves. you want to be talking to a recruiter.

as for the 368, they should be dating it up to the point that your contract expires. make sure you write that down on the request or have it conveyed some way like that so you don't have to keep wasting their time.

if you get a conditional release from the IRR that's what they do. can you drop to the IRR now? it'll save mucho time.

No I have about 10 mos that I am Obligated for. and I am in the reserves.

Thread Information