"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 11
Create Post
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Both. Don't know the order off hand.

it's a waiver for the RE-3P which means it's waiving your medical condition too.

PSEP is for AD and Reserves, but if you're OFF contract then you need to PSEP into the reserves instead of attaching to a reserve unit while in the IRR.

Wouldn't you possibly still need a waiver at the MEPS level for medical conditions even with a reenlistment code waiver?

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Looks like a NEW Forum needs to be started...we'll call it..."Petz's Place"!!!

The Petz Dispenser?

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    The Petz Dispenser?
    HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    it's a waiver for the RE-3P which means it's waiving your medical condition too.

PSEP is for AD and Reserves, but if you're OFF contract then you need to PSEP into the reserves instead of attaching to a reserve unit while in the IRR.
    I am OFF contract and my eventual goal is to be back on Active Duty but i know it is full right now and closed till January. A few months ago a PSR said i could go AR, but i needed to take care of an issue first. Now i am all squared away and called back to the PSR and found out he is retiring this month. I spoke with his boss about my situation and he said since i am off contract I can't go straight in to AR, i can only go in the regular reserves. He mentioned something about "drilling out", also mentioned needed a CO recommendation letter? He really confused me, does any of this sound familiar?

He sounded really eager to help and gave me all his contact info. He said he would call me back after calling another recuiter. I'm excited to start the process but also confused!

Quote Originally Posted by hanslergf View Post
    I am OFF contract and my eventual goal is to be back on Active Duty but i know it is full right now and closed till January. A few months ago a PSR said i could go AR, but i needed to take care of an issue first. Now i am all squared away and called back to the PSR and found out he is retiring this month. I spoke with his boss about my situation and he said since i am off contract I can't go straight in to AR, i can only go in the regular reserves. He mentioned something about "drilling out", also mentioned needed a CO recommendation letter? He really confused me, does any of this sound familiar?

He sounded really eager to help and gave me all his contact info. He said he would call me back after calling another recuiter. I'm excited to start the process but also confused!
    Yeah its pretty full for AD right now, so the opening slots in Jan is true, however they are still doing off-contract waivers for the Reserve side right now.

You will need your OMPF, copy of drivers license, current picture of yourself in Charlies, or propper civilian attire at 45 angle at the POA from shoes to top of head. SSN copy, Physical(try and get one from a reserve unit Navy or your going to have to go to MEPS, not fun) and a meet and greet with the 1stSGT and CO for a recommendation letter. All for the PSR. Plus a few forms to sign stating you aren't in trouble with the law, meet the age requirements, etc. etc. Keep us POSTED! (for the Reserves anyways)

Once you get into the Reserves then you can request AR. thats from what Ive been told anyways, after a few years in the Reserves you can request AD.

Are AR packages not being accepted until after January 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Yeah its pretty full for AD right now, so the opening slots in Jan is true, however they are still doing off-contract waivers for the Reserve side right now.

You will need your OMPF, copy of drivers license, current picture of yourself in Charlies, or propper civilian attire at 45 angle at the POA from shoes to top of head. SSN copy, Physical(try and get one from a reserve unit Navy or your going to have to go to MEPS, not fun) and a meet and greet with the 1stSGT and CO for a recommendation letter. All for the PSR. Plus a few forms to sign stating you aren't in trouble with the law, meet the age requirements, etc. etc. Keep us POSTED! (for the Reserves anyways)

Once you get into the Reserves then you can request AR. thats from what Ive been told anyways, after a few years in the Reserves you can request AD.
    Thanks for the info! I requested my OMPF this Monday so I'm waiting for that to arrive. So thats all I can do for now? All the rest the PSR has to do? Sounds like I could get most of that done. The PSR did say it should be a pretty painless process. I just wasn't sure what exactly what the process for the whole reserves/active reserves is. I'm just wondering what my best chance is, I kind of feel like I should atleast try for active duty first, if its a no go then go in to the reserves.

Nothing against the Reserves, its just not what i want, but I'll take it if thats my only option.

I should of never got out.

Quote Originally Posted by hanslergf View Post
    Thanks for the info! I requested my OMPF this Monday so I'm waiting for that to arrive. So thats all I can do for now? All the rest the PSR has to do? Sounds like I could get most of that done. The PSR did say it should be a pretty painless process. I just wasn't sure what exactly what the process for the whole reserves/active reserves is. I'm just wondering what my best chance is, I kind of feel like I should atleast try for active duty first, if its a no go then go in to the reserves.

Nothing against the Reserves, its just not what i want, but I'll take it if thats my only option.

I should of never got out.
    Yea, and expect to play the waiting games too. Hound the crap out of your PSR or Recruiter, once they see that your Off-Contract your automatically put on the back burner as they are busy trying to get Marines already on IRR back in! I think they see waivers as a form of a pain in the ass, even though its their job.

Whatever other issues there might be if you're off-contract you don't get first dibs.

First-term in the IRR gets a crack at it before we do.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Whatever other issues there might be if you're off-contract you don't get first dibs.

First-term in the IRR gets a crack at it before we do.
    Which I think is BS, especially for the Reserves. Its not like everyone wants to be a reservist in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post

Awesome! I'm assuming if he's willing, a non PS Recruiter could help me with it? He just couldn't actually put me through MEPS and what not right? It's just that I'm 250 miles away from the PSR in Utah, and there is a non PSR right here in Cedar City. And that PSR is the same one that was feeding me all of the BS before. I think it's allot easier to turn people away over the phone than it is in person. I'm just hoping that I can get the waiver possibly before I talk to him.

Oh yeah..... do I need to request my OMPF for the waiver? If so what is the quickest way? Sorry..... Semper FI

Thread Information