"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 18
Create Post
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    I was discharge in 1997 with an OTH re-code of 1 or 4 . I want to get my re-code upgraded for re-entry level.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSoljah77 View Post
    I was discharge in 1997 with an OTH re-code of 1 or 4 . I want to get my re-code upgraded for re-entry level.
    Fill out your profile, and I will help you

I'm going to ask the same question. I was in from 82-85. Got out as e-3. Got my AS and work as a Reg. Nurse. But I'm 46 yrs. With the college behind me and I run half marathons, any way I can go back in? Perferably as O-1/O-2

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdcrn View Post
    I'm going to ask the same question. I was in from 82-85. Got out as e-3. Got my AS and work as a Reg. Nurse. But I'm 46 yrs. With the college behind me and I run half marathons, any way I can go back in? Perferably as O-1/O-2

Check with the Army, Air Force, or Navy for direct commissioning programs for nurses. They may require a bachelor's degree however.

Almost back in

Well, just a little update for everyone. Yesterday I went to MEPS to get my physical. As of now I can tell everyone how it works. First you run a first class PFT in front of a company grade officer. Once that is complete you fill out all your paperwork for your package, and then go to MEPS and get a physical. If you pass the physical, your recruiter must submit a prior service waiver, which usually takes about 45 days to go through. This is the part I am waiting on now, and after that I should get my orders. The strange part about all of this though is that you fill out all the paperwork as if you are a new Marine. The only difference is that you fill out paperwork as if you were an open contract. The Corps can move you to another MOS, or keep you in your old one. You don't really have much of a choice it seems so far.

Guys, I hate to be bearer of bad news!! I have a Marine who tried to reenlist and its getting hard to reenlist. The Marine Corps is currently at 205,000 and want to be at 202,000. Marines currently on active duty with an NJP or bad papers, are having a hard time reenlisting!! If you are trying to come back in I can tell you its not a easy process, I know first hand experience because I got out and came back in!!! I hope all of you get back in !!! Good luck guys!!

So i see nobody has written anything on this subject again in over two months. But hopefully i'll get something. I'm an IRR Marine also, and i'm trying to go back Active Duty, so since they have the rule of giving current members on AD the first option to re enlist until January, is that the time i'd have to wait till, to re enlist? I've been trying to find the best route for me, my MOS i highly doubt is in need (3381) but i'm willing to accept any MOS at this time, i see that on the bulletins and maradmins there are MOS's that are in need. And i believe that i would qualify for most of those. But i'm definately not a 290 PFTer, so would it be better to try AR, i mean after a contract with them or during, could i Augment back to AD. My end goal here is to be an AD Marine again. So i've listed my MOS, my EOS not ECC but the end of my whole contract is 20100910, so i am needing to do something fast, and i dont want to waste my time. Is it a difficult process to Augment back while on a reserve contract? How does that process work? I mean i'll deploy as long as i can stay deployed right now to get back on AD!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjr760 View Post
    So i see nobody has written anything on this subject again in over two months. But hopefully i'll get something. I'm an IRR Marine also, and i'm trying to go back Active Duty, so since they have the rule of giving current members on AD the first option to re enlist until January, is that the time i'd have to wait till, to re enlist? I've been trying to find the best route for me, my MOS i highly doubt is in need (3381) but i'm willing to accept any MOS at this time, i see that on the bulletins and maradmins there are MOS's that are in need. And i believe that i would qualify for most of those. But i'm definately not a 290 PFTer, so would it be better to try AR, i mean after a contract with them or during, could i Augment back to AD. My end goal here is to be an AD Marine again. So i've listed my MOS, my EOS not ECC but the end of my whole contract is 20100910, so i am needing to do something fast, and i dont want to waste my time. Is it a difficult process to Augment back while on a reserve contract? How does that process work? I mean i'll deploy as long as i can stay deployed right now to get back on AD!!

At the very minimum Find a local Reserve unit and see what the PS recruiter can do just to keep you on contract. If your contract runs out,even one day,it could be 3-6 months just for waivers to be approved to go reserve.Once you have affiliated with a reserve unit then work on the AR package or start doing ADSW or IMA gigs.Getting back on active duty is going to be nearly impossible for the next couple of years.After next year they are talking a 90's era drawdown again like they did after Desert Storm....

I appreciate the info, i've been reading MCO 1130.80A, and it shows the eligibility requirements for Reservists, to go back to Re Enlist active duty, and one of the things it says is " Marines must never have been on active duty (except for AR Marines and Marines who have performed active duty for training such as ADSW, EAD, AT, Drills, Boot Camp, MOS school) so since i was formerly active duty, and now i would be a reservist, would i fall into the disqualified individuals here then? So this draw down, is it for all branches of service? I mean isnt there an MOS available for active duty that nobody wants? Giving it more open boat spaces. And i understand the thing about enlisting before my time in the IRR is over, i just dont want to disqualify myself for AD since that is my end goal anyhow, and if i sign a reserve contract, is it difficult to augment to Active Duty, if that option becomes possible? I know there has to be an MOS that they're needing people in, and my local unit is a Tanker Unit.

Going active duty right now is hard for even first time enlistees,not to mention someone that may have to get a lat move and retrain.Find a recruiter and give it a shot(active duty anyway),but right now your best chances are to go reserve.One thing to remember though,My PS recruiter told me that there is a waiver for everything(As he was working on a re-enlistment for a 40 y/o LCpl that had been out for 15 years)So you never know until you try.

Question New MARADMINs

So it sounds a little more promising reading this years MARADMIN, that talks about re-enlistment, and they're taking the opportunity for people that EAS in 2012, to re-enlist right now. And along with the deal that they're offering people to get out up to 3 months early. So yeah i'm just getting back into good shape (to get a First Class PFT, and take my first ever CFT). But i'm nervous about my EOS (End of Service Date) which is in September this year. So i've been trying to find out what is the best course for me, go to the reserves for a while (but i dont want to be trapped as a reservist), i dont know how long it takes to get the whole process done. So i've been talking to some other folks, trying to get a hold of Career Planner to find out the best thing i can do.

I got out of the Marine Corps 3 years ago and I am now feeling the emptiness of serving with fellow Marines. I am thinking about enlisting in the Marine Reserves but when I got out of the Marine Corps I had an Honorable Discharge and RE-3P. Is there any way that I can change my reenlistment code? I received the code for failing my PFT prior to getting out but I have been actually working out and getting back into physical shape. I know the reserves is not the same as AD but I would love to live the Marine Corps life again even if its just a weekend

If you can pass a 1st class try the waiver route instead; MMER and BCNR are backed up. A 2-3 month process has taken me over 6 at this point for an re-code upgrade.

I am looking for some guidance in refrence to a complicated situation.

Here goes, I am currently deployed to Afghanistan with an Army National Guard Infantry Unit, as an E-5. Hopefully will be home shortly.

I am a former Marine, whose seperation has been longer than 3 years. My RE Code on my DD214 is RE-1A. I am currently 29yo, and wont be 30 unitl June 2011.

I am wondering what the possibility of doing an inter-service transfer, to the Marine Corps Reserve would be. It seems like I'm looking at a few waivers.

I am willing to loose all rank and take any MOS. I am currently at a 300 PT score in the Army and am confident I can do a 1st Class USMC PT test.

It seems near impossible to get a PSR Recruiter to return calls or emails. Any advice would be great. I am looking to join a Reserve unit in the New England area.

I was wondering if anyone knew when the word was coming down for Reserves FY11 for prior service?

I am currently in the USN-R trying to get back to USMC-R.

S/F

Thread Information