"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 21
Create Post
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    I am also posting the link to FAQ re the Active Reserve in case anyone is interested. I know 3 guys who went AR, 1 in Jan and 2 in Feb. One went to Joint Base MDL, in NJ, 1 went to Norfolk and the last one went somewhere in CA. When you click on a question, scroll down to see the answer, its not a pop up window. Good luck to all of you. https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal...ssignments/FAQ

interview with reserve unit

I have been trying this process for some time now, good to go on physical, tattoos, re-1a all that stuff just waiting for my psr to get his job done. The question I have is what does the interview with your reserve unit consist of and is there anyhting i can do to help prepare myself for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Semper Fi

When I had my interview I met with the Bn Sgtmaj and he just asked basic questions like why I wanted to get back in and about what unit I was with last. He also asked if i had deployed to Iraq and about what I was doing currently as a job. I don't think there really is anything to be prepared for, just answer what is asked and make sure you have a proper Marine Corps bearing during the interview.

Pretty much the same way my interview went. And I would second the Marine Corps bearing! Make sure you have a good haircut and are in proper civilian attire. Don't forget the proper customs and courtesy when speaking with the SgtMaj as well. Good luck!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello Gent, I am interested in getting back into the Marine Corps. I really do miss it. I got out in 05, no disciplinary action, and 4 deployments within my four year contract. I was a 6672, and I did read that new MCBUL 7220 that was posted above. How do i go about contacting a PSR? just call a recruiter? And what are my chances of getting back in? I really want Active duty, but if doing this AR program get me in the door, ill take it!

You got it, call the recruiter or better yet if they are close by, stop in the office and ask them. You also can try contacting the closest reserve unit because the PSR's apparently have offices at the reserve bases. The AR program is a good deal, besides my son, I know two other guys. One got Orders to Norfolk and the other is a DI at PI....all B billets are open to you as well! Good Luck!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you, that is exactly what I am doing. Just playing the waiting game now.

I see that things haven't changed much. After two years of trying to reenlist in the Marine Corps I decided to give the Army reserve a try.

One thing of note, I didn't go through a recruiter or PSR, i'm reenlisting with a career counselor which is a bit like a recruiter but they have more pull. Their job is to retain manpower. I know the Army is a bit different but keep you options open for now.

He just submitted my package to MEPS so the waiting game begins.

To all those still trying to reenlist, don't give up, part of the battle is finding the right recruiter willing to meet you 1/4 of the way. Get your RE codes fixed, get your medical squared away, stay motivated because it is a long long long journey.

Quote Originally Posted by RufMarine View Post
    I see that things haven't changed much. After two years of trying to reenlist in the Marine Corps I decided to give the Army reserve a try.

One thing of note, I didn't go through a recruiter or PSR, i'm reenlisting with a career counselor which is a bit like a recruiter but they have more pull. Their job is to retain manpower. I know the Army is a bit different but keep you options open for now.

He just submitted my package to MEPS so the waiting game begins.

To all those still trying to reenlist, don't give up, part of the battle is finding the right recruiter willing to meet you 1/4 of the way. Get your RE codes fixed, get your medical squared away, stay motivated because it is a long long long journey.

The USMC is the slowest of all services as far as processing, I tried for 3 years to go back but hit walls everywhere. I got a call from the Navy out of the blue and within 30 days I was back in at the same rank as when I got out of the Marines 13 years ago.And wouldn't you know it but the pay is the same no matter what branch you are in....

I'm certain everybody's tired of hearing all these re-3p sob stories but i still haven'nt found one that matches my situation or answers my questions. I got out as a Corporal at the end of my contract. I decided I didn't like civilian life as much as I thought I would and decided I wanted back in. When I requested info from Headquarters Marine Corps I was told I had an RE-3P. After looking up what exactly the means I'm confused as to why I received it. I looked all over my OMPF on my MOL account and through all my medical records, and can't find anything that would justify it. What's the likelyhood that it was an admin error? What kinds of injuries or illnesses would cause that code to be given? Also this PDF of what the codes means and what not, it says that I would've signed something. If I don't have anything signed does that mean it was wrongfully marked? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    I'm certain everybody's tired of hearing all these re-3p sob stories but i still haven'nt found one that matches my situation or answers my questions. I got out as a Corporal at the end of my contract. I decided I didn't like civilian life as much as I thought I would and decided I wanted back in. When I requested info from Headquarters Marine Corps I was told I had an RE-3P. After looking up what exactly the means I'm confused as to why I received it. I looked all over my OMPF on my MOL account and through all my medical records, and can't find anything that would justify it. What's the likelyhood that it was an admin error? What kinds of injuries or illnesses would cause that code to be given? Also this PDF of what the codes means and what not, it says that I would've signed something. If I don't have anything signed does that mean it was wrongfully marked? Thanks for any help.
    For some reason the Marine Corps has a bad habit of giving out the wrong RE codes. Whether its the admins being lazy or its the Marine Corps way of saying they don't want prior service anymore, I don't know.

RE-3P- Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training. This what they give a 3P for.

I was given a RE-4 with an honorable discharge..... do you see how that doesn't match up?

Here's what you can do. Submit a request here http://www.donhq.navy.mil/bcnr/bcnr.htm

NOTE: They will only change your RE code if you warrant a change, meaning they made a mistake. A lot of people think they will change a RE code because of good behavior, it doesn't work like that.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Exactly. However, don't lose hope, because there HAVE been Marines who have come here with crappy RE codes that they could in fact, prove, were issued 'in error'. Once they submitted the paperwork showing that, they were changed.

IF your character of service (and that is the ONLY thing they look at, NOTHING else) was incorrectly listed in your RE code, and you can prove it (your SRB and medical records will show why) then they'll change it. Otherwise, they won't.

Appreciate the Help

Greatly appreciated thanks.

I'd like to say good luck, but I also wasted 2 years on this horrific nightmare of a process. Basically expect no one to want to actually do their jobs, no returned phone calls or e-mails, people losing your package, delays on your package, unexpected walls and roadblocks, and general laziness.....

Man, that sure sounds familiar. After waiting practically a YEAR (and I had a unit that desperately NEEDED me for my MOS, and saved me a slot) with NO results, I enlisted in the Air National Guard. Process took 3 days and I was DONE.

Thread Information