Contract PFC
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contract PFC

Exclamation Contract PFC

Hello Marines, I was just informed by my recruiter that my second referral did not go through as my referral at MEPS, even though he enlisted alright a long time ago. I know I want to be a Marine, but I have a situation at home where the extra money I would get as a PFC is quite substantial, also I worked hard to get that second referral (andthe first one too for that matter), and it kind of ticks me off that they had to wait until I have a week until I ship to tell me this (I ship August 10), I mean if theyhad told me sometime earlier I would have more chances of finding a third one. I guess my question is if there is anything I can do? Or am I just supposed to add cheese to my wine and carry on? Any input will be very appreciated.

duarte,
    So what your telling us is that your 2nd referral enlisted alraedy but MEPS does not have the paperwork?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you are tight with your recruiter, he/she might help you out even after you leave by givingnyou a referral to count that toward your promotion!

ALL IS NOT LOST POOLEE, GOOD LUCK!
    SEMPER FI,

DAVE

You don't make THAT much more money. Believe me.
    Just get it meritorious in boot or when you get to MOS school.

Talk to your recruiter about the next dude he gets in, make him your referral.

If you actually did work to get the referral, and they screwed it up on their paperwork, then talk to the recruiters and have them fix it. I'm sure your recruiters can fix the paperwork, or just give you someone else. if they don't seem to want to fix it, well, if it was me, I wouldn't ship until they do.

And more money is more money Bonzack, no matter how much it is.

You'd only be getting roughly $75 extra dollars a paycheck before taxes. I'm sure you could find a way to save that extra money as a Private and make up the difference.

Regardless, hope you get it squared away.

If he got contract PFC, he gets LCpl 9 months after bootcamp (assuming 3 months exactly in boot) correct ? So if he doesn't have it, it takes him 12 months (agian, after a 3 month boot) to catch up to that LCpl pay.

Point being

Contract - 12 months of pay = 19067.40 (base pay)
    No Contract - 12 months of pay = 18316.80 (base pay)

He loses 750.60 (base pay)

I'd whip your ass if you try to take 750 from me.

Agian, im my mind, its worth it to talk to your recruiter and get it back. If he honestly did **** up the paperwork, then I'm sure he can fix it.

Credits
    Savings
    I just got my back from boot at the difference in pay between a PFC and a Private was around $300-$500 depending on how much you spent.

The difference between an E-1 and E-2 is roughly $170, not $75. E2 and E3 is roughly $75. But by that point its more of a respect and responsibility and being that much closer to an NCO slot.

But yes, I wouldn't ship until your situation is fixed. I was fortunate enough to have a sister and fiancee back home that busted their butt to make sure my transcript situation was fixed. My recruiter was vital too in helping but you may not be so fortunate so make sure everything is fixed a.s.a.p.

Yes Sgt., my referral enlisted but MEPS does not have the paperwork, I'm sorry I don't think my first post was clear, my fault I was having a hard time putting those words together..

See. My recruiter told me that the next recruit she enlists is going to go down as my referral, now I want to take her word for it, but I have my doubts because if something I learned from this site was to never trust promises that are not in writing. The Master Sergeant at my recruiting station vouched for her too. I just don't know, should I talk to them again and tell them I'm not shipping until the discrepancy is fixed, or when I'm doing my final contract signing at MEPS should I throw a hissy fit and tell them I'm not shipping until they fix it, or should I take my recruiters word for it? The catch is that if I'm at boot camp there is nothing I can do if they don't come through with their word...

You're right, I read the wrong line on the pay chart. In my defense, I had yet to have my coffee before I posted that

Never take anybodys word when it comes to a contract. See it in writing. Heh, don't throw a "hissy fit", but do stand up for yourself. I doubt there is a person on here who can tell you if the Marines you talked to are trustworthy. They should be, and we hope they are, but that isn't always the case. If it's something you want and you were promised, tell them you want it in writing.

If you provided 2 referrals, that joined the Marine Corps DEP, then you should have 2 referrals, period. MEPS has nothing to do with it. You posted before about this didn't you?

Lightbulb Just for Perspective, not poor mouthing.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    You'd only be getting roughly $75 extra dollars a paycheck before taxes. I'm sure you could find a way to save that extra money as a Private and make up the difference.

I like to try to learn a little bit about the circumstances of the different generations. As a Private I made $70 per month and as a PFC $75. (This was 1947 - 1952). There were no "referrals" (incentives, I guess). It took me 3 years of "snapping in" to qualify as Expert Rifleman with the M-1, and I earned an extra $5 per month for that. However, I should remember I felt quite prosperous with my circumstances at that time. It was possible to save essentially all of the $75 - $80 with just a little discipline, what life is really all about. And more importantly, I was stationed at MB NAD Hawthorne, NV just prior to the Korean Conflict (War), (Police Action), (Conflict Resolution), whatever. The "Intelligentsia" was just cranking up, determined to show how to do things. Any way, the most meaningful blessing of that time was that we were all paid with REAL MONEY, not BS worthless tokens with no inherent value, as of today. It was true that we were occasionally paid with REAL SILVER DOLLARS AND SILVER COINS AND GREENBACKS BACKED UP BY GOLD. I remember having having $75 real silver dollars in my USMC greens. Alas, but this is all in the Good Book. Gary Hall.

Yes I did, Gunnery Sergeant. Back when my second referral enlisted into the Marine Corps DEP. My recruiters told me something about MEPS not taking it as my referral. Quite frankly I have no idea what that means, but that's what I was told..

Lightbulb Just for Perspective, not poor mouthing.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post

I like to try to learn a little bit about the circumstances of the different generations. As a Private I made $70 per month and as a PFC $75. (This was 1947 - 1952). There were no "referals" (incentives, I guess). It took me 3 years of "snapping in" to qualify as Expert Rifleman with the M-1, and I earned an extra $5 per month for that. However, I should remember I felt quite prosperous with my circumstances at that time. It was possible to save essentially all of the $75 - $80 with just a little discipline, what life is really all about. And more importantly, I was stationed at MB NAD Hawthorne, NV just prior to the Korean Conflict (War), (Police Action), (Conflict Resolution), whatever. The "Intelligentsia" was just cranking up, determined to show how to do things. Any way, the most meaningful blessing of that time was that we were all paid with REAL MONEY, not BS worthless tokens with no inherent value, as of today. It was true that we were occasionally paid with REAL SILVER DOLLARS AND SILVER COINS AND GREENBACKS BACKED UP BY GOLD. I remember having having $75 real silver dollars in my USMC greens. Alas, but this is all in the Good Book. Gary Hall.

Thread Information