VGLI Insurance Premium Question for TDRL/PDRL
Create Post

VGLI Insurance Premium Question for TDRL/PDRL

Hope somebody here has dealt with this:

I was initially separated via the TDRL w/60% disability in May of 07. In March of 09, I went as directed to Bethesda, MD for my first follow-up appt as part of the rules of TDRL.

Subsequent to that visit, I was notified that I was going to be moved to the PDRL at 60% disability and permanently retired.

Up until now, my premiums have been paid for me....I just got a "bill" for my next installment of my VGLI to remain active.

Isnt' there a provision for members with over a certain % of disability that the premium is paid for you?? I swear I read that somewhere, but can't find it...it's not a big deal if I have to pay it, but if I dont' have to, why??

Thanks.

If you find that somewhere, in black and white, by all means let us know. I am retired w/70% and I pay.

Thanks Gunny....will surely do it....but this is the first time I have had to pay my premium since I left AD in 07' is why I'm scratching my head....and like I said, I swear I remember seeing/reading something in conjunction with service connected disabilities waived of premiums from VGLI.

You must be 100% by the rating schedule, or due to Individual Unemployability to have premiums for VGLI waived. To get the waiver, you must be under 65, and submit a premium waiver request (form 357)

Thread Information