I'm back, what I've been up to:
Create Post

I'm back, what I've been up to:

After a self-imposed "break" from this site due to a certain POS individual who shall remain un-named and a lot of stress from buying our first house and the nightmare that is now with the credit crunch and housing market, I'm slowly coming back to my online life.

I'm still in the process of submitting for my retro-active CAR for Silver Wake via my old Platoon Commander who's now a LtCol Reserve Officer in NY with a few Marine's notarized statements to be included for processing, so hopefully not too much longer and that will be included in my awards along with a NUC I knew nothing of...go figure lol....after these 2 I officially quit researching Maradmins pertaining to that float lol....it hurts my head.

This area is strange for housing....it's mainly a coal-mining and farming area....with a lot of poverty and drug use intermixed...and there is very little medium ground as far as what's available and the price for houses...either it's a condemned trailer or double wide you wouldn't want, or it's $300K and above...just insane.

The house we bought belonged to the sister of one of our very good friends who lives just down the road from us. It had to be sold as part of the divorce-decree. We found out about it from her brother Randy, when one day he picked me up to go riding around and I commented on this house, as I've always liked it but never knew his sister owned it. He informed me that it was for sale. The house never hit the open market and we closed without going through a Realator just a lawyer.

It's about 10 years old, .98 acres of land, 3 BR, 2 car attached garage, 1/2 unfinished basement, dining room, LR, kitchen w/island, hardwood, tile, and carpet, central air/heat pump w/gas logs in LR also.

Here's some pics, and the former owners hadn't left yet so some of their schtuff is still in the pics....but you get the idea....

I think we got a steal on this place....eventually the housing market will rebound and value increase way above what we paid for it increasing our equity in it. It sucks for sellers, but for buyers it's a great time, and we got a really low 5.5% interest rate....I can't complain.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome back, and congratulations on the new house!!! Looks VERY nice! When you get a chance, please read the Terms of Service, or "TOS", at the bottom of this page.....things have changed here. Best of luck with your new "home"....SEMPER FI....Doc Greek

Welcome Back

Beautiful house...

Good Luck

Ellie

Doc my brother, thank's for the heads-up....it does indeed appear that the ROE have changed...I'm assuming for the better from reading the content....I haven't figured out the "credit's" yet though....I'm assuming they are linked to posts??

We're very happy here....I love the house and have been keeping busy just fixing the small things....adding a phone jack here and there, replacing receptacles/switches etc. and enjoy keeping the lawn nice.....gives me something to focus on.

I still haven't gotten my home-studio online yet....my guitars are still in their cases lined up in the closet (sniff)....I need to get a lot of shelves and organizing stuff this week to get it up to speed....most of my equipment/gear/media is still in boxes.....*sigh*....just hasn't been a priority yet....

The only "negative" I've really found is that DSL isnt' avail here yet...I'm back on dialup and it's crappy at best....but they're running DSL at some point in the future with Federal $$ to offset the instal costs thankfully.

Thanks Ellie, much appreciated...we agree also that it's beautiful here.

Real nice SSgt! American Dream right there!!! Congrats

Nice place Marine, Semper FI.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Nice! Congrats are in order. Is that a fruit tree out front?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sam, welcome back!!!
    GREAT House, I can't beleive you got all that done that fast.
    In the time you have been gone, I had one house fall through 6 days before the closing, 2nd one, the seller didn't want to take my offer, and now I found the perfect one, put in the offer and I'm waiting for the counter-offer to come in.
    Mine almost looks like yours but 1 car garage.
    Glad you got some land, the neighbors are going to appreciate it when you Crank your amps.
    Good job and you guys are going to be happy there.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Great looking house, SSgt Ramsey.
    Don't forget to christen the house by pizzing on the lawn. (Make sure the prior owners are out of the house). LOL. Seriously, that is on splendid looking home. Enjoy it to the max.

Thread Information