The Yell (Motivate) a Fatbody Thread
Create Post

The Yell (Motivate) a Fatbody Thread

Hey Pool(ee)'s,

I am currently 5'10" and weigh in at 215. My goal is to cut down to 185 prior to my ship date. I am making this forum as a way to track my own personal progress as I get into shape and cut down weight.

I have cut a similar amount of weight before, and know how to do it. I have done a lot of research on fitness. I will be posting my own diet plans and workout schedules for your enjoyment of critique.

Here is my dilemma...

My whole life up to this point has involved sports training as an offensive lineman. This means maximizing muscle size and weight while maintaining physical fitness. Now I have to reverse all logic and CUT weight while gaining strength. I have a plan in mind, but I am more then willing to listen to advice of fellow Pool(ee)'s and Marines.

Please see attachment of Workout Plan

Attached Files Attached Files

My advice is to, watch more carefully what you eat and drink. I would also reccomend PT'ing on a regular basis. A lot of running is also good. Try to run everyday, and try to work out every oher day, or at least 3 times a week. Lots of Cardio.

Note: Couch Potatoe's do not count as vegetables or fruit.

Hope this helps!
    -Williams

I would advise not to do pull ups every day. Those muscles need time to rest and grow too.

Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin View Post
    I would advise not to do pull ups every day. Those muscles need time to rest and grow too.
    That agrees with other info that I have learned. Any pull up schedule advice?

Quote Originally Posted by JWulff View Post
    That agrees with other info that I have learned. Any pull up schedule advice?
    I know its against most advice from trainers but get a pull up bar and stick it in your door frame, everytime you walk in or out of your room do a max rep. You will be doing them everyday but it worked for me and loads of others.

Alright, I'm halfway through the workout week and have lost 1.5lbs. Also drinking between half a gallon to a gallon of water a day to make sure I am not dehydrating water weight off.

JWulff,

Your workout routine is no surprise since you are coming from a football background. It's primarily strength training... dumbells, curls, stuff you typically see people doing at the gym. Very traditional.

Traditional strength training isn't really your goal, though, is it?

Your goal -- your solitary, single goal is to lose 30 lbs. How many pullups you can do at 215? You can be well assured that it will be a lot more at 185.

Focus on 1) Nutrition 2) Running 3) body-weight exercises.

Nutrition takes discipline. Same with running. Running is your main focus. Body-weight exercises means stuff like pullups, push ups, crunches i.e. using your weight as the force of resistance.

It's different than the kinds of workouts that you do in football. A lot different from the traditional gym workout. If you feel like you aren't getting enough strength training then check to see if there is a Crossfit program is near you. In the meantime, focus on that cardio!

Thanks for all the support guys. Currently I am doing 30 minutes a day trying to beat me calorie burn numbers from the previous day. Yesterday, I burned 415. Today my goal is 430. I'll keep uping that number until I hit a peak and start to burn less calories due to a lower weight. Last time I capped around 700 without feeling sick.

Cool

I read your plan and it seems excellent...just make sure you stick to it.

I have a pull up bar in my door frame and use it every time I walk in and out.

Also, I run every day and usually outside. (I hate shin splints, though...) If I could swim every day instead, I would. It's easier on your joints I've heard.

Maple Grove eh? Make it down to Mankato. Our apartment has a pool. If you ever want to, a fellow poolee is welcome to come on down.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JWulff View Post
    Maple Grove eh? Make it down to Mankato. Our apartment has a pool. If you ever want to, a fellow poolee is welcome to come on down.
    lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    On your tricep/shoulder day I'd do military press first as it's a main press that requires a lot of effort. Then I'd do the front/lateral raises before shrugs too as shrugs don't really matter as much.

It looks good though. A good amount of weight work to build muscle and enough cardio to get your run time down and kill some calories. Bigger muscles consume more calories too, remember that poolees so don't just not lift weights if you're trying to lose weight. I will agree though that a Marine Corps style workout is much different than a typical gym workout. I PT'd at my RSS for the first time yesterday and got absolutely torn apart. I could hardly walk around my house afterwards because my calves were so torn up. We did about 400+, 4-count jumping jacks by the end of the day....so crazy.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...&postcount=245

I used to be the same height and weight. PM me if you want advice, suggestions, etc.

Thread Information